Land Ownership...again...

So a friend of mine in LOS emailed me with the exciting news that a recent change in Thai law allows US military veterans to own up to 1.5 rai of land. He's excited, and thinks this is great news, as I am a military veteran and would like nothing better than to get my house put into my name.

However, I think he just heard about an OLD Thai law that allowed US military vets to buy land a few decades ago, but is no longer in effect, i.e. you had to buy the land or be in LOS before a certain date, like in the 70s.

Anybody got verification on this one way or another?

So a friend of mine in LOS emailed me with the exciting news that a recent change in Thai law allows US military veterans to own up to 1.5 rai of land. He's excited, and thinks this is great news, as I am a military veteran and would like nothing better than to get my house put into my name.

However, I think he just heard about an OLD Thai law that allowed US military vets to buy land a few decades ago, but is no longer in effect, i.e. you had to buy the land or be in LOS before a certain date, like in the 70s.

Don't let him get too excited. Americans will probably be able to purchase land in their own name when thais can fly into the US without a visa. :o

This is abosulutely TRUE its not an OLD law its the CURRENT law that is available to anybody, even Hungarian garbage collectors can have 1 Rai of land in their own name

****providing you have 40 million baht to bring with you**** :o:D

Yep,

Blame the Yanks again...  Easy targets they are!  I found a roach in my house this weekend and I found a hole in my favorite shorts....  Bloody yanks!

I would not blame the "yanks for the roach after all remember TiT and on the subject of your shorts - How did you manage to put them on before you found the hole? or are thay just a new set if so there should be one large "hole" this is the top and two smaller holes these are for the Left & Right legs respectively - if you still have difficulty dressing yourself after this try wearing a Sarong. :o