Thaksin Tries To Upstage PM Abhisit On Flood Relief

webfact

I'll believe he did it when the Red Cross publicly says it GOT the money IN THE BANK

and is sctually using it. Where and when and who wrote the check, or signed the

inter-bank transfer. Untill then, it's political smoke and mirrors.

Ooh ooh

billionaire's kids donate 100 books to the library... Break the bank!

let's hope it's not presently underwater.

Either way, it is still a donation that may help. As opposed to donating rotten canned fish as in last years floods in Phatthalung. The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security Witoon Nambutr, who resigned over the incident, helpfully said at the time, "this is not corruption, as he did not use the government's budget to buy the fish, but used donated money".

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe he did it when the Red Cross publicly says it GOT the money IN THE BANK

Ooh ooh

Either way, it is still a donation that may help. As opposed to donating rotten canned fish as in last years floods in Phatthalung. The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security Witoon Nambutr, who resigned over the incident, helpfully said at the time, "this is not corruption, as he did not use the government's budget to buy the fish, but used donated money".

You're right that was a disgrace. The remark of k. Witoon only shows the cases of foot-in-mouth disease with Thai politicians. Like when years ago k. Thaksin dismissed flood relief down south under the motto 'they're not TRT voters anyway'.

A bidding war to buy vote.

Thaksin will loose this round; Thaksin: private money vs Mark tax money.

Thaksin knew it, and I am sure he is not stupid, after all, he was the one the pioneer using public money to buy vote in a large scale.

Shinawatra who? Ive no no time for these outsiders who critisise the Thai Government and don't even live in Thailand :lol:

Incorrect.

K. Thaksin's passport has been revoked, not his nationality.

He seems to have at least two now, Thai, Montenegran. Could be he had, or still has the Nicaraguan and Ugandan nationality and maybe he's still an 'honorary' Cambodian. Busy like that can you blame him for not living in Thailand ;)?

Ooh ooh

You're right that was a disgrace. The remark of k. Witoon only shows the cases of foot-in-mouth disease with Thai politicians. Like when years ago k. Thaksin dismissed flood relief down south under the motto 'they're not TRT voters anyway'.

I'm not going to swap instances of foot in mouth cases of politicians with you, we'd be here forever (probably why they don't want english as an official second language, at least for now they can blame it on the translation)! It just amused me as a great example of twisted logic and felt impelled to share.

What a great man. He is worth something like 100 000 000 000-200 000 000 000 baht but he instructed to donate 5 000 000 baht. This is what i call true love and generosity.

He's simply trying to buy votes. The scumbag has destroyed much of rural Thailand with his forestry concessions for paper to all his cronies and destroyed the land the farmers leased him and the poor dumb buggers still think he is good to them! They can't even grow weeds on it now due to acidity.

Someone should go educate these people that they have been conned, money was the motivator and power still is. Dictators come in many forms but none more certain than this little Hitler without a moustache. Perish the thought he would ever be allowed back in.

What a great man. He is worth something like 100 000 000 000-200 000 000 000 baht but he instructed to donate 5 000 000 baht. This is what i call true love and generosity.

He's simply trying to buy votes. The scumbag has destroyed much of rural Thailand with his forestry concessions for paper to all his cronies and destroyed the land the farmers leased him and the poor dumb buggers still think he is good to them! They can't even grow weeds on it now due to acidity.

Someone should go educate these people that they have been conned, money was the motivator and power still is. Dictators come in many forms but none more certain than this little Hitler without a moustache. Perish the thought he would ever be allowed back in.

Take it easy buddy, you're gonna get hemorroids with so much hatred .

Maybe you should go yourself to try and educate these people...

Just make sure you sign your will before you do though .