Problems With A Sony Fine Pix 402

marquess

Hi guys, I have the above Sony, of late when I am cueing up to take a pix, I notice that the colours kind of go funny like. One of those mirrors at the fair, where everything looks slightly distorted. This is especially the case with night photos. When they come out, I get a slightly colour dripping effect.

Is this the end of the camera or is there anything that I can do about it? Thanks in advance!

Could this be because of the setting of your camera??

Is it possible you accidentally changed the setting of the ISO (ISO 800 or up) and the resolution (chose low for pic quality setting) resulting in very noisy and low resolution image? If not just bring it to the service center.

Edited by Nordlys

Looks like a very noisy picture (lots of speckles), which results from using ISO of 400 and above (usually required for low-light situations). However, there is also a lot of chromatic aberration (the green trails, which is probably what you're concerned about). Something this bad (look at the white shirt, dripping green) is not caused by any camera setting.

Very likely something is wrong with the lens or the CCD. Either way, you need to bring it to the service center to get it fixed.