Setting Up A Website.

james24

No I just went for the names at the moment as the website isnt finished yet. (first one aaagghhhh)

Yeh I bought it from whois.com, just checked. It was all quite straightforward so when its built, Ill have the joys of looking for a hosting company :-)

Then have no fear.... all the choices are still open to you

No I just went for the names at the moment as the website isnt finished yet. (first one aaagghhhh)

Yeh I bought it from whois.com, just checked. It was all quite straightforward so when its built, Ill have the joys of looking for a hosting company :-)

If you want a briefing you can read my kitchen server recipe

http://home.siamect.com/computing/node/45

Even if you don't want to host the page in your own home, it is still good reading, although maybe too detailed at least in the 3rd chapter...

Martin

1. NEVER allow you webmaster to register the domain in their name!.. make sure you have the password and then change it allowing them only technical access!!!!! and only YOU can change the owner

and what ever you do do NOT use Fatcow.com

I have been hacked, my site has been down to "technical glitches" after sending out ad campaigns.

The tech support sux and is from a script!!!!!!!!!!!!

friends recommended host gator.

also don't do a search for the best domain as you will only get people with affiliate links recommending site..haha

I use go daddy to register though.

And never, ever setup a hosting provider who is Thai. I got ripped off by two of them. Took me money and that was it. complained and was eventually told to go kiss off.

American web host providers seem ok. There are sites where you can read the reviews of host providers.

I now use http://www.godaddy.com/ and not had any issues.

1. NEVER allow you webmaster to register the domain in their name!.. make sure you have the password and then change it allowing them only technical access!!!!! and only YOU can change the owner

and what ever you do do NOT use Fatcow.com

I have been hacked, my site has been down to "technical glitches" after sending out ad campaigns.

The tech support sux and is from a script!!!!!!!!!!!!

friends recommended host gator.

also don't do a search for the best domain as you will only get people with affiliate links recommending site..haha

I use go daddy to register though.

And never, ever setup a hosting provider who is Thai. I got ripped off by two of them. Took me money and that was it. complained and was eventually told to go kiss off.

American web host providers seem ok. There are sites where you can read the reviews of host providers.

I now use http://www.godaddy.com/ and not had any issues.

Better do not recommend GoDaddy, it seems you had no chance yet to learn how they are when you do have some issue.

Godaddy facts

Banks are legally obliged to notify HMRC of interest paid, but not amount of capital held. HMRC are aware of interest rates, so can make an educated guess.

Sorry but you are wrong again. Banks are NOT obliged to report interest rate.

Banks tax your interest and pay it for you, They DO NOT report on each account. They pay the tax on interest earned for the year as per your tax number supplied.

Unless tax office contacts the bank, tax office has no way of automatically knowing.

Thanks Kuffki - I was not going to make anymore comments on this matter but I think it is important that if someone posts facts on any forum it MUST be correct as people believe what they read. An opinion is different from stating a fact!!

No more from me on this but I am prepared to accept direct emails but only on a commercial basis as I make a living in this international arena.

Cheers