Rugby League Four Nations

It's been shown on ESPN/Star (carried on Truevisions in Thailand) in the past, but wasn't last year. A South African satellite channel has also shown rugby (especially Southern Hemisphere rugby) but I don't think it's available in Thailand any more.

From the many angry letters from rugby fans to the Bangkok Post, I think you'll find it difficult to see here. It also seems the Rugby World Cup will be unavailable.

I guess there's little market for it out here, so it's hardly surprising.

It's been shown on ESPN/Star (carried on Truevisions in Thailand) in the past, but wasn't last year. A South African satellite channel has also shown rugby (especially Southern Hemisphere rugby) but I don't think it's available in Thailand any more.

From the many angry letters from rugby fans to the Bangkok Post, I think you'll find it difficult to see here. It also seems the Rugby World Cup will be unavailable.

I guess there's little market for it out here, so it's hardly surprising.

You can catch the Four Nations on the Malaysian Astro Sports 3 - I am sure the satelite footprint will catch Bangkok, so its down to finding a publican that thinks its worth carrying. Their coverage of the commonwealth games was excellent, with three or four dedicated channels.

Australia play Papua New Guinea at 12 noon Thai time.

Sadly, they didn't stretch to showing the Alitalia European Cup - a remarkable 12 - 11 win for Wales that will see them playing with the big boys in next year's four nations. Scotland and Ireland battle it out for the wooden spoon tonight. I doubt I will stay up to listen on the wireless...

SC

I was grateful to have the Borneo Sevens on the other channel when the England Australia game was on....

I suppose there's always next year. Let's hope the Welsh do well...

In Kota Kinabalu, it was tipping down stair-rods, and as the commentary was in Malay, I wasn't too sure what game I was watching... The players were ankle-deep in standing water...The ladies looked particularly miserable.

SC

• 2 weeks later...