Skype Call To Uk Keeps Breaking

housey

Hi,

I wondering what people's experiences are with Skype video chat back to England. For me every call after about a minute I get massive white noise, I have stop the call, restart the call and it's ok then after about a minute it does it again. Very annoying.

I've tried changing the settings etc but it's still the same. Does it work for you? Any tips or advice?

Turn off the video and/or try during less busy times, mornings or overnight?

The bandwidth is just not available at times.

Thanks, although this happens with or without video and the day or time of day doesn't matter. It is worse at weekends though... I suppose it's just not possible :(

Bandwidth is the issue, on both ends no matter what Internet packages you both have. Make sure you only have Skype running (no other downloads of any sort, no web streaming i.e. youtube etc) and the audio should be fine 24x7 but this applies on both ends remember, not just you.

Bandwidth is the issue, on both ends no matter what Internet packages you both have. Make sure you only have Skype running (no other downloads of any sort, no web streaming i.e. youtube etc) and the audio should be fine 24x7 but this applies on both ends remember, not just you.

Yeah I've got a feeling their connection at the other end isn't that good. I'm pretty sure it's the same with no video (will test it again). I've moved 3 times recently and it happened in all places so I think it's just not going to work. I tried MSN and while that was ok for me they said I was breaking up.