Pipe Fittings

T_Dog

Am trying to find some plumbing fittings to go from standard bathroom fittings to a larger threaded pipe. Can anyone recommend a store/location that has a larger selection of pipe fittings/adapters than Home Pro or Global House?

Hey T, There's a large Home Mart on the Super Hwy, between the 1001 and 118 I think, on the south side frontage road. They have a big selection on display, but mostly standard fittings; not sure exactly what you need.

Then there is another category of shop that doesn't display the fittings, a traditional parts house with everything behind the counter, so you have to take a sample, sketch or photo of what you want, or be prepared to describe in Thai. One of the most complete is Chiang Mai Tools, on the SuperHwy, north side frontage road, near the river. If you are on the Super Hwy going from Kwang Sing intersection, pass Lotus and cross the river, you take the first exit left and immediate U turn back toward the river, and it's right there before the Faham/Sanpeesua road.

Also there is a shop in Mae Jo that comes up with parts and tools from his back room that always amaze me when he has some of the odd ball stuff that i am looking for. It's Chalern's shop on the corner of the three way intersection as you come into town, accross from the south end of MJU campus; fluent English with Chalern or his son. Or Email me notes and pics and I'll ask there for you.

Hey T, There's a large Home Mart on the Super Hwy, between the 1001 and 118 I think, on the south side frontage road. They have a big selection on display, but mostly standard fittings; not sure exactly what you need.

Then there is another category of shop that doesn't display the fittings, a traditional parts house with everything behind the counter, so you have to take a sample, sketch or photo of what you want, or be prepared to describe in Thai. One of the most complete is Chiang Mai Tools, on the SuperHwy, north side frontage road, near the river. If you are on the Super Hwy going from Kwang Sing intersection, pass Lotus and cross the river, you take the first exit left and immediate U turn back toward the river, and it's right there before the Faham/Sanpeesua road.

Also there is a shop in Mae Jo that comes up with parts and tools from his back room that always amaze me when he has some of the odd ball stuff that i am looking for. It's Chalern's shop on the corner of the three way intersection as you come into town, accross from the south end of MJU campus; fluent English with Chalern or his son. Or Email me notes and pics and I'll ask there for you.

Thanks Doc! Will check those out.

And Jackr, Global House and Home Pro do not have the large size I need with the right threads.

• 3 weeks later...

I too, had a problem finding some PVC and/or brass pipe fittings in Chiang Mai. I tried all the usual places mentioned above and even tried to order them from Global House - all to no avail. One place (I forget which one) had a 100 pcs. minimum order. So I ended up having to order them from Bangkok. I think the company was called simply "Thai Pipe".

Big shop (TOA Color ?) on 108, Chiang Mai - Hong Dong Rd., about half way between Lotus and Big C on the opposite side. They had a fitting that I could not find anywhere else. Too many to display out front in the store so shelved in the back.

Big shop (TOA Color ?) on 108, Chiang Mai - Hong Dong Rd., about half way between Lotus and Big C on the opposite side. They had a fitting that I could not find anywhere else. Too many to display out front in the store so shelved in the back.

No luck there for hot water pipe, they said go to Homepro, they don;t have as I have tried there before same with global.

Homepro and Global don't carry pipe and fittings for hot water any suggestion where is best to get these?

The smaller Homemart on the Super Highway LHS heading south just before Doi Saket intersection stock steel hot water pipe with a plastic internal coating coating which they cut to size and thread the ends. They have a complete set of fittings. They also have similar pipe for cold water.

I'd be surprised if Global didn't have the 'standard' adaptors you're after. Couldn't you find them there or just don't like the place?

Global sell copper pipe for air con installation, they sell galvanized steel pipe for hot water, the don't sell fittings for either. Have bought a lot of stuff from there even though they sell mixer taps etc that take hot and cold water they don't have the fittings required, homepro is even worse.

Homepro and Global don't carry pipe and fittings for hot water any suggestion where is best to get these?

The smaller Homemart on the Super Highway LHS heading south just before Doi Saket intersection stock steel hot water pipe with a plastic internal coating coating which they cut to size and thread the ends. They have a complete set of fittings. They also have similar pipe for cold water.

Will try them thanks, went to Home Expert in that area and they have a plastic type that needs a special machine to put the fittings on, they will rent the machine but the fittings are bloody expensive when start adding it all up.