And You Thought Thailand Had Problems

Thailand

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11617091

That means a tough new dress code which would effectively outlaw everything from miniskirts to low-cut jeans when people walk around Castellammare di Stabia, our correspondent adds.

Mr Bobbio, from the centre-right People of Freedom party, says he wants to target people who are "rowdy, unruly or simply badly behaved".

There will also be a ban on sunbathing, playing football in public places, and blasphemy, if the proposals are approved at a council meeting on Monday.

In other places they have banned sandcastles, kissing in cars, feeding stray cats, wooden clogs and the use of lawn mowers at weekends.

:blink:

It's not really anything new for that wonderful country.

Senator Andrea Guglieri, the mayor of Diano Marina, a small family resort west of Genoa, and his council drew up a plan in 2000 to ban fat and ugly women from walking around in two-piece costumes. Traffic wardens were to be entrusted with the task of stopping and examining women to ensure that they passed eight out of ten requirements, ranging from the size of their bust to the firmness of their buttocks. New applicants flooded the predominantly male traffic warden force, and sexual harassment suits were expected to follow.

Signor Guglieri also said there was no reason why bare-torsoed men sporting tight or daringly cut trunks should not be made to pass a similar set of requirements. A local newspaper cast aspersions on Signore Guglieri's own looks - and called for all ugly mayors to be sacked!

One can't imagine such a row taking place in Pattaya :P

Every now and then there are some enlighted people in old good EU, actually in the rest of the modernized world too, the difference simply is that while these sort of weirdness are seen as such by the almost whole population (other than for the enlighteds of the moment), for some other less developed countries similar or even worse practices are the norm, it doesn't take much to spot that ....:whistling::lol:

Yes sending the tanks in to take over the country and leaving in exyle a democratically elected PM surely is the right choice, the corrupted italian PM it's not better than the former thai pm, but as long as the majority of the population like that, what can you do? do you prefere the generals to install a puppet in disguise instead? ehhrmm

Arrghh, somebody had to ask :(

OK off to The Pub we go :(

EDIT OP's username is Thailand, is that close enough :)

In that case I'll have a Carlsberg (glad to see it return)..

Carlsberg is back? Great news. But up where I am from Leo and Chang is all I see. Maybe I can get them to ship some in for me.