Printing Thai Text Directly From Internet Explorer

a1falang

We use Windows 98 and ME/2000, and IE6. We can view/read Thai text fine in IE, but whenever we want to print, all the Thai disappears on the printout, no matter what printer we use. I can't believe no one in Thailand can print Thai directly from IE to a printer, so can anyone here suggest a solution or workaround? Thanks.

We use Windows 98 and ME/2000, and IE6. We can view/read Thai text fine in IE, but whenever we want to print, all the Thai disappears on the printout, no matter what printer we use. I can't believe no one in Thailand can print Thai directly from IE to a printer, so can anyone here suggest a solution or workaround? Thanks.

try copy and paste text into word doc then print?

goto "view"menu, then "encoding" make sure thai is selected.

try going into "options" from the "tools" menu, on the general tab have a look at languages and fonts, experiment with the settings in here

good luck!

Thanks, but I want to print Thai directly from IE. The website we are using doesn't allow you to highlight text, copy and paste into Word. I also have already checked encoding and settings. Like I said, I want to print directly from IE. It shouldn't be impossible.....but maybe it is with our current set-up. Thanks for your suggestions, anyway.

Edited by a1falang

Thanks, but I want to print Thai directly from IE. The website we are using doesn't allow you to highlight text, copy and paste into Word. I also have already checked encoding and settings. Like I said, I want to print directly from IE. It shouldn't be impossible.....but maybe it is with our current set-up. Thanks for your suggestions, anyway.

If you give a link to the website I can try it here. The fact that the site has disabled text selection (very odd) may suggest they somehow are preventing printing also by using an internal script. Or does this happen to any Thai web site?