Show Me Your Workstation

buadhai

Finally! :o

As I said, no longer in Guatemala now, but in France temporarily visiting my folks...In a couple of months I'll shoot the India station..

The workstation, and the proper view both pics crappy quality taken on a mate's nokia:

kayoviewro6.jpg

kayoworkstationjl4.jpg

Edited by kayo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My plain and simple workstation - bit like me actually :o

Laptop is a Novatech, built in Portsmouth, England

3.06Ghz, 80gb, 1.00 GB RAM Pentium 4 and still going strong... fingers crossed

The oldest ipod in the world including completely DEAD battery - used purely as external storage

Creative speaker system from Pantip, nice and loud, good quality sound, nice and cheap too!

Smelly chair :D every time I sit down I get a wooft of dirty nappies :D anyone else get this?...

desk1.jpg

I thought I'd get all artistic with this shot... shoot me down!

pcpcpcpc.jpg

Nikkijah

nice one nikki,

but tell me...you tidied up before that first pic didn't ya? :D

(Btw, 4got to add, i use (as pictured a few posts back)

Laptop = Compaq Evo N600c with Toshiba technology

Second hand, courtesy of a yuppie mate of mine who can take back old laptops, when their company upgrades

722 MHz, only a measly 256 RAM

Pentium 3

34 GB

Externally, I use a plug & playHDD with 150 GB to store all my crap.

and whenI actually do some work (writing) I use the external keyboard and mouse. When I surf tv.com (the other 20 hours) I get rid of it all.

Oh, and I plug my headphone port in to my stereo (pictured, tiny) for good sound)

and I smoke LM Red, and I just got given the "Google Story - This book was not created, authorized, or endorsed by Google, Inc"

:o

It's not great technology, but it gets the job done, and above all... I haven't paid a penny for most of it. :D

Smelly chair :D every time I sit down I get a wooft of dirty nappies :D anyone else get this?...

Nikkijah

Too many bootles of :D:D:o ?

but tell me...you tidied up before that first pic didn't ya? :D

!@$#!% Kayo, even before strolling down and seeing your posting, I was thinking of writing the very same thing you posted !#$%. Now, where's the Ignore button when you really need it. :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the welcome guys,

nice. Is that the new HP?

Yes, Its an HP Pavilion dv2130us

If your thinking about getting one, don't. Although it's suppose to be Core 2 Duo it feels like my old PIII. I only went with HP because of the size and camera on this laptop, everything else kind of sucks. Specs are low as was the price

Thanks for the welcome guys,
nice. Is that the new HP?

Yes, Its an HP Pavilion dv2130us

If your thinking about getting one, don't. Although it's suppose to be Core 2 Duo it feels like my old PIII. I only went with HP because of the size and camera on this laptop, everything else kind of sucks. Specs are low as was the price

I'm not, but I think this is the one my brother got about two months ago. The one that's entire advertising campaign is built around it's media quickplay feature??

Come to think of it, I wasn't hit too badly by that ad campaign. In fact I was actually shopping for the Sony TX series notebooks but it was running on Celerons, I didn't want to give up on performance for size. To be honest, this quick play media function hasn't once been used on my laptop since its purchase 2.5 months ago. I also have a remote control that I don't use. Guess I'm not using this notebook at its fullest potential.