Digital Camera Repair Shop

Yaroon

Hello there.....

Simple question as i want to make use of my 'old' Casio Exilim Z750 again, which i bought 5 yrs back in India when i was living there.

Have been using this cam for not more than 1000 pics, or less than a year until the docking station showed no more activity, no more charging lights,... and therefore i got no idea whether it is a dock or camera problem

Can anyone recommend me a good repairshop for this brand somewere in Phuket? Warranty expired long time ago so im looking for a decent shop, not where they vacuumclean a farang wallet...

suggestions are hightly appreciated :)

I also agree that a broken camera , with this age is not worthy of fixing,  however, i have hardly used this camera, looks brand new, paid INR 26000 (rupees, about B12000 i guess), was just laying in my room for 4 years (as i didnt care due to having a good phone camera)  and i just want to know what the issue is....  if its just the dock, or only the adapter then it is a matter of a few hundred baht ( i hope....)    

Thats why i just want to visit a (fair) shop who can make a simple check. its a waste of money if i dont give it a chance ;-)

Some months ago, I tried to get my FujiFilm camera repaired. It was newer than yours, too.

Scoured Phuket, and absolutely nowhere would even look at it. The nearest promise I got was for it to be sent to Bangkok, with a total turnaround time of 6 weeks.

Decided instead to buy the exact same model while I was back in UK. Got it off EBAY for £65. Now, you're not going to get a repair for anywhere near 3000 baht.!!

Suggest you bin it, and look at EBAY if you really like your camera.

.......it kinda sucks people only recommending me to ditch the cam and get a new one......, it was/is a wonderful device that just got obsolete due to having a N95 and N97, got lazy to carry a seperate cam while one in my phone.

Anyway, the only Casio retailer i can find on the web is in BKK,..im gonna be there in December but still, im kinda stubborn and would like to see if i can manage it here... Big C is one place i will check, crazy i cant find ANY Casio shop anywere on this island. If anyone reads this topic and knows a place where they sell Casio,or at least a place where i can ask to try an adapter/dock, pls do let me know :)

thx for all above suggestions though

.......it kinda sucks people only recommending me to ditch the cam and get a new one......, it was/is a wonderful device that just got obsolete due to having a N95 and N97, got lazy to carry a seperate cam while one in my phone.

Anyway, the only Casio retailer i can find on the web is in BKK,..im gonna be there in December but still, im kinda stubborn and would like to see if i can manage it here... Big C is one place i will check, crazy i cant find ANY Casio shop anywere on this island. If anyone reads this topic and knows a place where they sell Casio,or at least a place where i can ask to try an adapter/dock, pls do let me know :)

thx for all above suggestions though

Okay, I looked up your camera and it uses a cradle that was only made for that model camera, so I doubt you will be able to buy a new one. Are there any lights that light up on it when you plug it in? Does your camera turn on? Most likely your camera battery has died, take your battery out find out what type it is and do an internet search on Google for and see if there is a standard battery that is available. I doubt anyone stocks a 5 year old camera's battery, unless it is used in other cameras or devices. I just looked. It uses a NP-40 battery that was only used in Casio and Fugi cameras. Good luck, maybe you can order it online or a battery shop or camera shop may have it. See link here to your owners manual: Casio PDF

It has SD standard memory card, so you can find a USB adaptor for that... I have seen shops that sell Casio cameras, but I can't remember where... But I've never seen a camera repair shop around here. You can ask around Big C downstairs if anyone has the battery and the electronics place at the far right as you come down the escalator may be able to tell you if your charger works, as they have an electronics repair shop there. I usually always buy cameras that use AA batteries, you can buy them anywhere.

Uhh... thx for the - quite depressive - info..

Was not aware that the cradle is specifically for this model. It would make it highly unlikely i can find a 5 year old one in this place... better can buy a lottery ticket instead, gives more chance.

Cradle doesnt respond to anything, no lights, no power, completely dead whatever i do. I have some knowledge of simple electronics but no multimeter at hand.

I will take a peek tomorrow at Big C see what i can do with the adapter, with a battery and who knows some info...

What a waste :( If all fails ill just wait for nxt year summer and get it done in Europe...

Thx for the help, will post the result after tomorrows visit,...lets see

I too have a casio camera and I lost the cable that goes from the camera to the computer to download pics. Does anyone know if these cables are easy to find and buy?

Is it a small USB to large USB cable? They should be available at an electronics, computer or camera shop. Otherwise, just get a USB SD card reader and take the SD card out of the camera and put it in the card reader. I have both, but I didn't buy them here.... Downstairs Big C is where I would look.