Anti-Thai Govt 'Red Power' Mag Stranded On Cambodian Border

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really deny people the right to express themselves in writing ??

The only things that can be said are what you approve ??

Is this your case ?

Featured photo from the last issue in September 2010. Would this be tolerated in your country?

TH

post-7298-073723300 1288322532_thumb.jpg

Yes.

For sure.

And why not ?

How about - Because Anarchy is a Bad Thing ...

I suppose you deliberately forgot to answer this one Phil, I wonder why.

Care to give it another try Phil?

I would like to hear your views on "Irrawady " magazine.

And I am NOT equating the red rag with Irrawady.

Philw

I am proud to say I was reckless/bold/stupid enough to enter Myanmar with the latest copy of the Irrawaddy (bought in ChiangMai just a few days before) in my luggage. I just thought I'd love to read it while there. Then got busy and forgot all about even carrying it and found it again when I got home. I now regret not leaving it there and passing it on to one of the many locals i spoke to who had a lot of negative things to say about their government.

Btw, gotta love that Hitler-Ab.sit pic. Surely not clever but definitely funny. Such spiteful caricature doesn't make for political advancement but it has hilarity value for sure. And the guy did use snipers to rid himself of an inconvenience...

I would like to hear your views on "Irrawady " magazine.

And I am NOT equating the red rag with Irrawady.

Philw

I am proud to say I was reckless/bold/stupid enough to enter Myanmar with the latest copy of the Irrawaddy (bought in ChiangMai just a few days before) in my luggage. I just thought I'd love to read it while there. Then got busy and forgot all about even carrying it and found it again when I got home. I now regret not leaving it there and passing it on to one of the many locals i spoke to who had a lot of negative things to say about their government.

Btw, gotta love that Hitler-Ab.sit pic. Surely not clever but definitely funny. Such spiteful caricature doesn't make for political advancement but it has hilarity value for sure. And the guy did use snipers to rid himself of an inconvenience...

I didn't know guys running around with weapons (sharpened bamboo sticks and catupults (both deadly, by the way), M79 launchers, AK47s, Tavors - and sniper rifles) were classed as an "inconvenience".

I also didn't know that the autopsy results had come out yet, to show which deaths could be attributed to the UDD's snipers or the army's snipers.

Thank you for the enlightenment. :blink: