Where Are Prepaid Taxis At Swarnbhoomi Airport

ucomservices

Thailand Airports have changed now!

The Big Question is where to find a Prepaid Taxi run by the Thailand Authorities at the new airport or rather where to go and look for one at the new airport.

Previously at the old airport which I have been a number of times it was easy as the location of the prepaid taxi was just outside the exit door of the airport.

They used to give a Receipt for the money that they took. It was approved by the Thailand Authorities.

There are a lot of Taxi Guys at the airport so it is very difficult to find the Right-Legal Taxt Service who will not fleece you.

I would appreciate if the directions to go to the Right Government Authorised Taxi Service is given, as the last time I went to Bangkok, I was picked up by a relative in their car so I have no clue as to their whereabouts.

When you arrive at swampy exit customs then go up to the departures level above. Simply walk out and get a taxi that is dropping somebody off to take you into town. I have never had a problem with them putting on the meter as they are more than happy to get a return fare back into town without having to queue and wait at arrivals.

Don't we have an Authorized Taxi Point at the Arrivals Exit. It would be problematic taking Luggage of 3 passengers from one point of the airport to the other.

Logically there should be a Prepaid Taxi Stand at the Arrivals Exit point as in all Airports.

Going to the Departure is OK as long as there is not too much baggage or Traveling with Family else it is cumbersome.

The old 'Thai Limo' service at Don Muang has been replaced by AOT at Suvarnabhumi.

While you are waiting for your bags on the carousel, look for the blue AOT Limo booking desks where you tell them your destination, select a car, pay the money and get a 2-part receipt. Once you have your bags, proceed through the exit and the AOT Limo pick-up desks are right there where they will take your receipt, assign a free porter for your bags and walk you to your car. They give you back one part of the receipt and I always tip the lads for carrying the bags.

The prices are higher than you will remember but for fast, efficient and friendly service and a trip in a clean, well maintained car to your destination, they are hard to beat.

Have a safe trip!

Edited by NanLaew

The old 'Thai Limo' service at Don Muang has been replaced by AOT at Suvarnabhumi.

While you are waiting for your bags on the carousel, look for the blue AOT Limo booking desks where you tell them your destination, select a car, pay the money and get a 2-part receipt. Once you have your bags, proceed through the exit and the AOT Limo pick-up desks are right there where they will take your receipt, assign a free porter for your bags and walk you to your car. They give you back one part of the receipt and I always tip the lads for carrying the bags.

The prices are higher than you will remember but for fast, efficient and friendly service and a trip in a clean, well maintained car to your destination, they are hard to beat.

Have a safe trip!

Follow the signs for the taxi stand as you exit customs. Once you exit the airport, look for the line of people and a taxi stand. head to the stand, tell the person where you are going, and they will give you a slip of paper and tell you to wait. Once it is your turn (I have never waited more than 5 minutes) you will give your slip to a taxi driver who will load your luggage and take you wherever you want. They always use the meter, the taxi drivers name is on the slip, and there is a phone number if you want to make a complaint. You do pay an extra 50 baht for the peace of mind of not being cheated. These are licensed taxi drivers, who are approved to offer this service. If they get complaints, they are fined and cannot pick up fares at the airport for a period of time. I live in Bangkok and drive it daily. I know how to get around. I have never had one of these taxis go a long winding route to my destination, or take a wrong turn or any of that non-sense.

This is a normal taxi service, so don't expect a Camry or Mercedes, but expect fair service. The other taxi drivers trying to hail you are crooks. Avoid them.

If you want better cars, go to AOT and arrange an AOT limo.

Follow the signs for the taxi stand as you exit customs. Once you exit the airport, look for the line of people and a taxi stand. head to the stand, tell the person where you are going, and they will give you a slip of paper and tell you to wait. Once it is your turn (I have never waited more than 5 minutes) you will give your slip to a taxi driver who will load your luggage and take you wherever you want. They always use the meter, the taxi drivers name is on the slip, and there is a phone number if you want to make a complaint. You do pay an extra 50 baht for the peace of mind of not being cheated. These are licensed taxi drivers, who are approved to offer this service. If they get complaints, they are fined and cannot pick up fares at the airport for a period of time. I live in Bangkok and drive it daily. I know how to get around. I have never had one of these taxis go a long winding route to my destination, or take a wrong turn or any of that non-sense.

This is a normal taxi service, so don't expect a Camry or Mercedes, but expect fair service. The other taxi drivers trying to hail you are crooks. Avoid them.

If you want better cars, go to AOT and arrange an AOT limo.

I second this. I've never been ripped off when using the authorized taxi stand. After picking up your bags, walk out through customs and straight out the one of the front doors. Follow the signs to the taxi stand (it'll be either left or right, not complicated), and wait your turn. Along the way, just ignore any touts that will inevitably ask you 10 times if you want a taxi - these guys are ripoffs - I fell for it only once.

I'm sure the AOT service is nicer, but if your just looking to not get ripped off, the taxi stand outside is legit.