Self Service Coin Operated Laundromat

viciouskitty74

1. I prefer to launder my own worn out icky undies & clothes....have them put into the washing machine and dryer myself and collected/pack in my luggage for trips home immediately. Clean clothes are not so smelly after few hours stuffed into a luggage and wont gross out the customs or immigration officers.

2. And dryers make sure the clothes are dried and wont weigh onto my already overweight luggage.

3. Also, I have a odour fetish. Espeically the pillows, bolsters and bedsheets. So I well, like to wash and dry them before i use them, so they will only eventually smell of my drool and sweat. Or at least, clean them up, before others have to reuse my pillows, bolsters, bedsheets and blankets. Since I dont always stay at hotels,chalets, motels or their so called guest houses. All these to be done, on the first/last day of my stay.

4. If the laundromat is in town, near to facilities....I at least have the excuse to just sit there, read a book, enjoy my drinks and the aircon of some establishment, instead of being dragged around town, to the 'sights'.

You won't find too many coin operated anything in Thailand. I don't even recall ever having seen a Coke or Pepsi vending machine in Thailand. I suspect that it is a job protection thing.

Having said that, the only place I know that has machines where you can do your own laundry, and this was a year ago, was a place in Rawaii along Sai Yuan Road between Vichit Road and the Y. Somewhere around Soi 10 I think. South side of road. Watch for a laundry sign. If it's still there you will see machines outside.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Chalong - opposite the access road to Big Buddha there is a 7/11 (what a surprise) follow the road down the side of the store left then right about a total of 200m there are coin op washing machines, but no driers and you need your own soap powder, 2x 10baht coins. No aircon either. Used to fill 2 machines set them running and head to Chalong for a coffee.

There's a coin-operated purified water machine there too, 1 baht per litre

Also, it is a trust thing, Many Thais don't trust machines with their money. Ive had this conversation many times with Thais. But, Ore Ida invested alot of money in bangkok for french fry vending machines http://www.ryt9.com/es/prg/2121 Unsure if it ever happened

I love the system where there are no machines doing this. Keeps people at work, and with the prices you pay there really is no need for a machine.

But I'm sorry that does not help the OP.

Edited by stevenl

I love the system where there are no machines doing this. Keeps people at work, and with the prices you pay there really is no need for a machine.

But I'm sorry that does not help the OP.

Yes. But I am more concerned with the drying time. I dont want to drop off my stuff, and only retrieve them 12 hours later.

there's one in phuket town, but if i tell you and you dont like it, you'll sue me as you normally do to evil internet people

Ok. So it does not matter whether I like or dont like the answer. Because you are a evil internet people who is real worried about getting sued, because you dont really know?

Such evilness........I can laugh.