Non 0 Visa With Work Permit.

I am about to go to Laos to change visa from Ed. visa to Non O with work permit. Work permit is good for 2 years. From what I have read I will probably get 90 days to start then immigration will renew for one year. I see that the Thai visa application asks how many entries.?

Well I guess I need one, to get into Thailand to start, is this correct? I think B 2,000. If I did need to leave and to re enter Thailand later, for any reason, could I get another re entry visa from Immigration within Thailand? or should I be looking at a multiple re entry for B5,000?.

Once you get a non-immigrant "O" visa in your passport you should apply to immigration for a 1 year extension of stay based on working. If you plan on traveling thereafter you will need a re-entry permit to return to Thailand without voiding your extension of stay. Apply for the extension of stay at least 30 days before your 90 day permission to stay expires. Get a multiple-entry Non "O" visa only if you need extra time to apply for the 1 year extension of stay.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Once you get a non-immigrant "O" visa in your passport you should apply to immigration for a 1 year extension of stay based on working. If you plan on traveling thereafter you will need a re-entry permit to return to Thailand without voiding your extension of stay. Apply for the extension of stay at least 30 days before your 90 day permission to stay expires. Get a multiple-entry Non "O" visa only if you need extra time to apply for the 1 year extension of stay.

Thanks I am correct to assume that I will not have to leave the country every 90 days with this type of visa?

Once you get a non-immigrant "O" visa in your passport you should apply to immigration for a 1 year extension of stay based on working.

May or may not be possible depending on whom the OP will be working for; many small companies, for example, do not meet the criteria as an employer for the purposes of a Temporary Extension of Permission to Stay on the basis of business such as employment.

Once you get a non-immigrant "O" visa in your passport you should apply to immigration for a 1 year extension of stay based on working.

May or may not be possible depending on whom the OP will be working for; many small companies, for example, do not meet the criteria as an employer for the purposes of a Temporary Extension of Permission to Stay on the basis of business such as employment.

It is a large company with more than 5 million Bhat in the bank and 19 employees.

I think it depends very much on what reason the OP is using to obtain a Non-Imm visa. If married to a Thai a multi Non-O should be possible, if not a multi Non-B would be best if the prospective employer can provide all the relevant documents needed.

Initially a multi visa would be best because if the WP and extension of stay requirements are not yet ready in time after the first 90 days he can do a border hop for another 90 days to get things in order.

opalhort

I think it depends very much on what reason the OP is using to obtain a Non-Imm visa. If married to a Thai a multi Non-O should be possible, if not a multi Non-B would be best if the prospective employer can provide all the relevant documents needed.

Initially a multi visa would be best because if the WP and extension of stay requirements are not yet ready in time after the first 90 days he can do a border hop for another 90 days to get things in order.

opalhort

Married to a Thai who thru me out and changed the locks on the door after I paid B56,000 in back mortgage payments on her house. She says " I would rather sleep with my daughter. " This is an old story, I posted about it 2 months ago. She continues to harass me and follows me around SaveOne Market in Korat and wants money to sign divorce. I am without marriage visa. Work permit is in my hands now. I don't need to do a border run until December, but since I came here on an Education Visa, I thought that I should change it now that I have the work permit. What extension of stay documents would be necessary? Boss will probably pay me in cash. Thanks now.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Expect you need to have paperwork for a non immigrant B visa as you will not qualify for an O type without help from wife (which seems unlikely). For work the B visa is normal and company should not have any problem in providing the paperwork.

.........Boss will probably pay me in cash........

Does this mean there won't be any tax records?

Tax records are an absolute must for an extension of stay based on work. Also your records have to show an income of 50K or so depending on nationality.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

Expect you need to have paperwork for a non immigrant B visa as you will not qualify for an O type without help from wife (which seems unlikely). For work the B visa is normal and company should not have any problem in providing the paperwork.

I have all the paperwork I hope correct, to go to Laos tomorrow, Work Permit, all the company documents etc. I read so much about Non O and Non B here on TVF, it all becomes a little confusing. I thought I would be applying for a Non O as opposed to Non B, will the Thai Embassy in Laos be of any help in answering these questions and telling me what type I should be applying for?

.........Boss will probably pay me in cash........

Does this mean there won't be any tax records?

Tax records are an absolute must for an extension of stay based on work. Also your records have to show an income of 50K or so depending on nationality.

opalhort

I would be paying taxes and social security.

I have all the paperwork I hope correct, to go to Laos tomorrow, Work Permit, all the company documents etc. I read so much about Non O and Non B here on TVF, it all becomes a little confusing. I thought I would be applying for a Non O as opposed to Non B, will the Thai Embassy in Laos be of any help in answering these questions and telling me what type I should be applying for?

Apply for a one year multiple entry non immigrant Type B visa, since you already have the work permit you might be lucky.

Worst case you will get a single entry 90 day non immigrant Type B visa if your paperwork is ok.

Apply for a one year multiple entry non immigrant Type B visa, since you already have the work permit you might be lucky.

Worst case you will get a single entry 90 day non immigrant Type B visa if your paperwork is ok.

Thanks for your reply It makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks to all the posters who replied. I will post my results when I return from Laos.

... 2 million baht minimum capital and you (Canadian) would need a salary of 50,000 baht per month minimum to qualify for P.O. 777/2551 2.1(2) 1-year extension

The salary requirement isn't set in stone if the company is an BOI for example.

Nothing is 'set in stone' ... it is all at the Discretion of the Immigration Officer ... however as with the salary requirement that is the translation of the Police Order ... and I do not think in the present circumstance we are discussing a BOI entity or a corporation that has been deemed to be of national importance