Pg Tips Tea (Bags?)

Gladiator

If you are a tea connoisseur and enjoy PG Tips - you may wish to check out Rimpings, close to the Airport Plaza underpass.

This is the first time that I have seen it on sale in Chiang Mai. Although this is my favourite tea, I didn't stop to check if Loose or Tea-Bags, or the weight of the small boxes, as the price was 240 Baht and I still have a supply from my last trip to the U.K.

I wont pay the high price for the imported tea and founf Twinings yellow just too weak. For some time now I have been drinking HEDADIV English Breakfast Tea. Sold in small or large boxes with a union Jack on the cover. Makes a good strong cuppa and is half the price of PG. Comes from Sri Lanka

Edited by gennisis

hiya gladiator.

re ... If you are a tea connoisseur and enjoy PG Tips

nahhh im not ....

but these heladiv tea bags @ 168 baht from rimpings float my boat

and these two @ about 50 baht ish ? from rimping or tops are quite nice .... try them : )

enjoy ... dave2

When anyone of my friends or family come over I always ask for as many boxes of PG tips and for special occasions Yorkshire Tea Bags, Im running out of both now but I have a friend coming over next month so its not too bad. 240thb is a rediculous amount to pay.

hiya gladiator.

nahhh im not ....

and these two @ about 50 baht ish ? from rimping or tops are quite nice .... try them : )

enjoy ... dave2

Thanks Dave2

I, also, am not a tea connoisseur but do enjoy the first morning cuppa and I guess was influenced at a very early age by PG Tips T.V. advertising with the Chimps tea party (for those who may still remember).

Fortunately I am now well stocked up but don't know when my next trip back to the U.K. will be, so thanks for the 'heads up' - I'll give both of them a shot.

Gladiiator

We usually stock up with some chinese teas whenever we go to kl or singapore

wholesalers will let you taste a few blends

reasonable price too and you get the real thing.

haven't tried indian shops in singapore but they are probably the same

Teleys have started showing up in Bangkok in the last few months, again at Tops for the Extra Strong and now at the new Villa mart in Paradise (was Seri Centre). 250B for 80 bags of the extra strong. Maybe it will reach CM eventually.

I wont pay the high price for the imported tea and founf Twinings yellow just too weak. For some time now I have been drinking HEDADIV English Breakfast Tea. Sold in small or large boxes with a union Jack on the cover. Makes a good strong cuppa and is half the price of PG. Comes from Sri Lanka

They didn't have any of this in Carrefour last week.

So I bought 'Pride of Ceylon' as a replacement, it's just as good but slightly more expensive at 170bht for 100 bags.

Same company, same taste ...... methinks rebranding excercise

tea.jpg

Edited by sarahsbloke

Brooke Bond - Red Label roxz! From India never saw it here, but makes a rockin' cup of tea!

Seems Thai in general aren't really into tea except all this sweet instant cr_p.. ah' well...

Brooke Bond Red Label at Warorot Market Indian Spice Shop.

Excellent for making your own Masala Chai

iainiaian101

re ...where is the Airport Plaza underpass

he actually means overpass ... rimping is by the side of the end ramp of the raised inner ring road that goes in front of airport plaza

see pics and map .... it will make sense if you go there : )

enjoy .... dave2

Hang them on the washing line to dry and the price feels only half as bad ?? Ha Ha

hiya gladiator.

nahhh im not ....

enjoy ... dave2