New Apple Tv

negreanu

There is no vpn option on a apple TV.

The only solution would connect to a VPN on your PC - share that connection as wifi then connect the apple tv to that wifi.

I connect to a VPN (with US DNS address) on my laptop (laptop is connected to an ethernet cable to my Cisco Linksys router--True internet)....

I then wirelessly wifi connect: (a) my iPad 2; (b ) my iPhone4S and (c ) my Apple TV to the same network....

Netflix works on my iPad and iPhone....but Apple TV only connects to my iTunes account, Flickr, Youtube etc..but when I click Netflix it says its not supported "in my location" (which puzzles me because I am virtually in the US (because of the VPN US DNS address))...am I doing something wrong?

Edited by trajan

No not VPN on ATV just by changing the DNS on ATV manually with the settings from the provider.

I got my Netflix working in the end through the same VPN as my wifi and its awesome brings a whole new aspect to the ATV send me a pm and I'll send you the info.

VPN on apple tv?

No not VPN on ATV just by changing the DNS on ATV manually with the settings from the provider.

thanks..thats what I suspected...when I get home I'll try manually inputing the US VPN DNS address into the settings in the Apple TV...

I have WDTV an apple tv. I use apple tv to stream all my content that I download to bedroom and lounge tv.

One issue with the AppleTV used to be that it only played whatever QuickTime plays, which means not what you download from the internet.

I imagine that's still the case?! Do you have a way to automate handbrake to convert movies? I find handbrake very cumbersome to use. Example if I have a series with 100 episodes I am not going to add each one manually to the queue. Already having this issue as I want to convert stuff to iPad format...

Have you tried flex player on your iPad? It will play avi files without conversion. MKV files you still have to convert though.

anyone wanna help me? Haha

Just got the Apple TV and using TRUEONLINE. you know how you need to logon to a browser on a PC / Tablet to go online before getting internet...?

TRUEONLINE requires that.

so is there a workaround since Apple TV doesn't have a browser?

thanks.

anyone wanna help me? Haha

Just got the Apple TV and using TRUEONLINE. you know how you need to logon to a browser on a PC / Tablet to go online before getting internet...?

TRUEONLINE requires that.

so is there a workaround since Apple TV doesn't have a browser?

thanks.

Buy a ADSL router