Songkhla / Hatyai Floodings

mjnaus

To all TV users living down in Songkhla / Hatyai, how are you doing flooding wise?

I am living in Kanjanawanit Soi 5 (opposite the Hatyai park) and about half of our soi is under water, deepest point being about 50 cm. Since there is no sign of the rain stopping any time soon, we're preparing for worse (Carrefour was loaded with people fighting over the last packs of mama :))

I will need to go into town again later, so any updates are very much appreciated!

Matt

• 1 month later...

Fast forward to Monday night and the cleaning effort has barely started.

It's been a week already since the floods.

It will be a long ,SLOW,cleaning process.

It seems that most rubbish collection crews have gone AWOL.

hi can anyone tell me what the situation in Hat Yai is at the moment. would the flood influence a visit in January a lot or will a lot be back to normal at that time?

Fast forward to Monday night and the cleaning effort has barely started.

It's been a week already since the floods.

It will be a long ,SLOW,cleaning process.

It seems that most rubbish collection crews have gone AWOL.

hi can anyone tell me what the situation in Hat Yai is at the moment. would the flood influence a visit in January a lot or will a lot be back to normal at that time?

It's more or less back to normal now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I live by the mountainside on the road to the Beach. Its uphill and on a high area so there were no incidents in this area, but ironically the "WATER SHORTAGE" during November was a slight hassle. Couldn't shower for days but instead we just went to one of those water vending machines, got a water pipe from the garden, tapped it into the machine and used that instead. Good sight at 8pm standing on the side of the road taking a shower infront of passers by (ofcourse we were in our skivvies) :)

Good fun and hard times.