So Many Farang Drug Importers These Days

farang000999

It just seems so strange to attempt to smuggle drugs into Thailand for sale. We all know that farang drug dealers in the LOS have a very short life span. I am wondering if these guys who are constantly getting caught have connecting flights onwards to Hong Kong, Seoul, Japan, etc.

I think a lot of busts rely on intelligence received, of course any immigration or customs folk will tell you they have sniffer dogs x ray machines etc and kid you on they know more than they actually do. Most of the time they know nothing and rely on info received .

I used to know a guy back in the UK that smuggled drugs for a living. A lot of the time they give a Patsy a small consignment of drugs to take and then let the customs know. What the Patsy doesn't know is that there are other smugglers with a lot more on the same flight which tend to get through. Not a very good carer move being a drugs mule.

I do think though that the so called war on drugs has been an abject failure. They are never going to stop it. Even when Thaksin was just shooting drug dealers it didn't stop them.

Look at the mess that Mexico has got itself into.

When Governments can't even keep drugs out of a secure environment like a prison then just what hope do they have on keeping them off the streets ? NONE!!!!

Go anywhere and if you really want you can score some drugs. There is just too much money to ever stop them.

Better to tax and control them the same as alcohol, tobacco and prescription drugs.

Education is the only way to stop people from taking drugs. It just will take a politician with the balls to admit the last 50 tears have failed.

Bringing drugs INTO Thailand... What a joke.

Frank Lucas, a real american gangster was pulling drugs out of thailand almost as fast as they could grow them. At least the Viet Nam war was good for trade. Lots of half filled boxes that were never gonna be inspected...

Drugs, Anyone who says it's a mug's game clearly hasn't looked at the figures!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lucas_%28drug_lord%29

Bringing drugs INTO Thailand... What a joke.

Frank Lucas, a real american gangster was pulling drugs out of thailand almost as fast as they could grow them. At least the Viet Nam war was good for trade. Lots of half filled boxes that were never gonna be inspected...

Drugs, Anyone who says it's a mug's game clearly hasn't looked at the figures!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lucas_%28drug_lord%29

I both read your Wikipedia link on Lucas and saw the movie "American Gangster". I couldn't help but come away with the impression that both downplayed the incredible suffering and social damage heroin and dope dealers like Lucas bring to any community. They are particularly hard on the most disadvantaged groups including a disproportionate number of African Americans. Kudos to the black leaders who revile scum like Lucas and shame on those (mostly entertainment types) who would build him up as some sort of folk hero.

what are they then?

nigerians are farang see dam last i checked.

what do you suppose iranians are?

farang arai ?

stop trying to be cute.

Nigerians are referred to as "dam" but I have never heard "farang" associated with it and I certainly don't trust your judgement as you don't even know the Iranians are referred to as "knaek" or "a-rab" and not farang. I don't feel I need to explain any further,

btw, I don't need to try to be cute, I'm cute enough already :)