Sailor Bar In Soi 8

easyride

well, cruised by the other night and it was packed... dropped by for a quick beer yesterday afternoon and i can can safely say it is the most depressing bar i have been in for a long time..... several of the clientele were drinking glasses of wine...and not the expensive kind . the only thing that was missing is they should have been playing 'Hotel California' in the background ... i had one small Leo, 45 baht and generously (so i thought :rolleyes: ) gave 20 baht tip and the old hag behind the counter didn't even acknowledge it ... anyway real deadbeat hang-out if you ask me !! .. if i get cancer might go back so it will match my mood :rolleyes:

Edited by William Osborne

well, cruised by the other night and it was packed... dropped by for a quick beer yesterday afternoon and i can can safely say it is the most depressing bar i have been in for a long time..... several of the clientele were drinking glasses of wine...and not the expensive kind . the only thing that was missing is they should have been playing 'Hotel California' in the background ... i had one small Leo, 45 baht and generously (so i thought :rolleyes: ) gave 20 baht tip and the old hag behind the counter didn't even acknowledge it ... anyway real deadbeat hang-out if you ask me !! .. if i get cancer might go back so it will match my mood :rolleyes:

WELL YOU HAD BEEN WARNED ,!( its probably worth it though to get a Gestapo experience in Pattaya ,its unique .LOL !)

• 1 year later...

55 Baht is not sustainable.

Assuming it is not a Be Lucky sausage it will cost circa 14 baht, 2 toast butter etc = 5 Baht, 2 eggs = 6 Baht, bacon (if it is any good) 10 Baht, tomato and tea/coffee 10 Baht. I would factor in oil, gas, depreciation of fixed assets, a proportion for overheads ie rent electric, wages etc, say, 10 Baht.

Well, Bugger Me - that seems to come to 55 Baht.

I now wait for for the avalanche of posts telling me how a loss-leader works !!

Not sustainable ??

It was 50 baht for years and years and only as per opening post date raised to 55 baht.....

All the food and drink is cheap as chips.......Best run bar in Pattaya.

I definitely have to try this place! Restaurants with troublesome rude service are a source of fascination to me. Also, I enjoy the antics of surly lesbians, who could ask for more? I wonder what it takes to get banned from that place?

You will love this place.For me the staff are part of the appeal.A group of us go there regularly. The big manageress is hilarious once you get to know her & trying to get a smile from the tough waitpersons is an amusing challenge.

Never had a bad meal there, although you have to bear in mind what you are paying , where else can you get schnitzel chips,salad & a sang som soda ( half measure I think) for 100 Baht ?

I definitely have to try this place! Restaurants with troublesome rude service are a source of fascination to me. Also, I enjoy the antics of surly lesbians, who could ask for more? I wonder what it takes to get banned from that place?

walk out without paying,let me know when you go i will pick up the bill after the fun ends.

I have only been to the Sailor Bar about 6 times over the last 18 months and found the food good and well priced. The service is terrible and my final visit was to the bar and I ordered a fruit smoothie - the lady didn't want to leave the bar to make my drink at the separate mini bar and she mumbled choice words to show her displeasure. The restaurant section is no friendlier and they need a major attitude adjustment.

You guys who like to frequent the place so you can get a dose of abuse must be into S&M!!

For reasonable priced farang food I prefer The Seaside 2 where you can get a pleasant meal, airconditioning, cold wet clothes and you don't have to deal with scowling dykes.

was going for the breakfast, ok for the price and a good price, but just when I thought they were getting to know me they refused to serve me in the outside area and I dont really feel like eating in a crowded closed room so left and never went back

No name and shame threads please.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.