Banks In The U.S. Not Allowing Transfer Of Ss Payments.

Major banks such as BofA and Chase JP Morgan are refusing to allow transfers of peoples funds until after elections in the U.S.

Message just recieved from Chase.

Date: 11-01-2010 00:00:00

Re: Account Inquiry Message:

Dear *****************:

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to

contact us. I definitely understand your concern on why a

deposit is pending in your account. I will be more than

happy to review your account.

In response to your inquiry, if a deposit is made over the

weekend or during the business day, it will be listed as

pending. It will hard post to your account, meaning having

a date next to it, just before midnight. However, although

the deposit is listed as pending, it is still available

for use. In regards to transfers overseas, all funds have

are pending until the election is are finished.

The available balance in account ending in 5858 is

$***. **.

I hope that the above information has clarified your

inquiry, please let us know if there is any other way we

can assist you as we always strive to provide excellent

customer service. It has been my pleasure to be of service

to you.

If you require further assistance, please e-mail us via

the Secure Message Center or contact Chase By Phone at

1-800-935-9935. Chase By Phone representatives are

available to assist you 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM, seven days a

week with automated account information available 24-hours

a day.

Thank you,

Kelli Parker

Internet Service Center

:blink:

That's a standard practice for direct deposits made to your account. I've had the same thing many times.

Direct deposits are made to your account electronically, by computer. The deposit is noted by the computer as having arrived, but needs to be validated by a human being before being credited to your account as "cash on hand" in your account. Therefore on holidays or weekends that direct deposit is listed as "pending" until a human being checks and validates the deposit, and which time it is credited into your bank account as "cash on hand".

It's happened to me many times....which is why I always wait 24 to 48 hours before drawing on my "direct deposit".

And Tuesday 02 November 2010 is a local election day...not a holiday...but many people will be taking some time off from work to go to the local polling station to vote.

Really, it's a standard thing. My comapany's direct pay deposit to my account often goes through on Friday afternoon, when the bank is technically "closed". So I wait until Monday to request a wire transfer of funds from my bank to Bangkok. I often see a note in my account on Saturday that the direct deposit is "pending". It's not a big deal.

:lol:

P.S. Regarding the "midnight" point he mentions. Many banks do a computer validation of the days deposits at the end of the day, at midnight. It's done automatically, by computer, but it may take a human operator to instruct the computer to run that daily validation. In large banks, it would probably be done in a local branch bank from a central computer center, perhaps on the other side of the country,initiated by someone in that computer center. Just for info, ATM withdrawals and entrys are done the same way...and validated at midnight.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

:blink:

That's a standard practice for direct deposits made to your account. I've had the same thing many times.

Direct deposits are made to your account electronically, by computer. The deposit is noted by the computer as having arrived, but needs to be validated by a human being before being credited to your account as "cash on hand" in your account. Therefore on holidays or weekends that direct deposit is listed as "pending" until a human being checks and validates the deposit, and which time it is credited into your bank account as "cash on hand".

It's happened to me many times....which is why I always wait 24 to 48 hours before drawing on my "direct deposit".

And Tuesday 02 November 2010 is a local election day...not a holiday...but many people will be taking some time off from work to go to the local polling station to vote.

Really, it's a standard thing. My comapany's direct pay deposit to my account often goes through on Friday afternoon, when the bank is technically "closed". So I wait until Monday to request a wire transfer of funds from my bank to Bangkok. I often see a note in my account on Saturday that the direct deposit is "pending". It's not a big deal.

:lol:

P.S. Regarding the "midnight" point he mentions. Many banks do a computer validation of the days deposits at the end of the day, at midnight. It's done automatically, by computer, but it may take a human operator to instruct the computer to run that daily validation. In large banks, it would probably be done in a local branch bank from a central computer center, perhaps on the other side of the country,initiated by someone in that computer center. Just for info, ATM withdrawals and entrys are done the same way...and validated at midnight.

It finally went from pending to available balance.

Why in the world is this thread titled:

Banks In The U.S. Not Allowing Transfer Of Ss Payments

When all it is about is when money is credited to an account, hardly NOT ALLOWING TRANSFER........

MOD's sure let this one slip through the cracks

More than that... this is the kind of stupid and ignorant disinformation post that makes this forum and the internet at large such a dangerous place.

Why in the world is this thread titled:

Banks In The U.S. Not Allowing Transfer Of Ss Payments

When all it is about is when money is credited to an account, hardly NOT ALLOWING TRANSFER........

MOD's sure let this one slip through the cracks

More than that... this is the kind of stupid and ignorant disinformation post that makes this forum and the internet at large such a dangerous place.

Agreed! This is a common every month thing for any old hand in Thailand.