Krabi Schools

scottydel

Hello,

Has anyone sent their children to either Chok Chai (Nuah Khlong) or Lawattaphune (Ao Nang) International schools?

I have a 4-year-old boy and we will be living in Krabi for 1-2 years starting in 2011, and right now those are the only two International schools I'm aware of in the area. He will be enrolling in Kindergarten 1.

Any input on Krabi schools in general will be helpful!

Thanks,

Scott

Hi there, I send my son to Nawathaphume International school and I find it to be fantastic. It is only small (40 children in total) but I am very happy with the progress my son is making there. You should make a visit to the school to see how you feel about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

My five year old son attends Chok Chai in Neua Klong. It isn't an international school, but they have very good English teachers.

In terms of facilities, after looking at all schools in the area, Chok Chai is by far the best.

We are happy with his progress and he absolutely loves school. He is assessed in every area at the end of each term and the report cards cover everything aspect of his learning.

They have extra learning and activities after school such as dance, swimming, art etc.

We don't live in Neua Klong so he takes the minibus. It picks him up at our home and delivers him home again. That is an extra monthly fee.

I hope this helps, but any other questions feel free to PM me. One of my good friends is an English teacher at the school, so I can check anything you need to know. There used to be an open day every Thursday where parent's of prospective students take a tour and watch as the children are being taught.

L

• 1 month later...