South Pattaya To Bus Terminal

Jack Jones

Is there a baht bus route that runs from South Pattaya to the Pattaya bus station? I always get a taxi back to Bangkok but want to get the bus this time without having to charter a baht bus to get to the station. (Am I sounding cheap here :o )

Cheers.

I am a 'cheap charlie' as well, so I will try. I have caught a regular baht bus(bb) from Royal Garden to Central, out, 5bt, walk across the intersection, bb to Pattaya North, out, 5bt, walked a bit up North and flagged one heading towards Sukhumvit, out at bus st. and another 5bt. Got there for 15bt and not much grief. I made sure each bb had passengers on it, had exact change, never talked to the driver. If you don't have much luggage, one of your friends with a motorbike should be happy to take you. Good luck and yes Jack, you are sounding a bit cheap. :o

be a sport and take a baht bus taxi for 60 baht

even better, save money and take a mototaxi for 40 baht.

I think you'll be lucky to find a SongThaew to take you for 60 Baht. I've never managed that. You must be a good negotiater.

What's a mototaxi? Motorbike?

As for being a cheap charlie? Most songthaew are happy to rip you off, so if you can avoid chartering them good for you. I have never understood how it costs more for a bench in the back of a pick-up per kilometre than an aircon taxi meter in Bangkok!

Edited by loong

Gosh!? You made it to the bus station for a $ 1 US!! Nice and sweaty and ready to sit on an airplane, smelling for god knows how many hours..

I wouldn't like to be sitting next to you guys. :D

I am a 'cheap charlie' as well, so I will try. I have caught a regular baht bus(bb) from Royal Garden to Central, out, 5bt, walk across the intersection,  bb to Pattaya North, out, 5bt, walked a bit up North and flagged one heading towards Sukhumvit, out at bus st. and another 5bt. Got there for 15bt and not much grief. I made sure each bb had passengers on it, had exact change, never talked to the driver. If you don't have much luggage, one of your friends with a motorbike should be happy to take you. Good luck and yes Jack, you are sounding a bit cheap. :o

Gosh!? You made it to the bus station for a $ 1 US!! Nice and sweaty and ready to sit on an airplane, smelling for god knows how many hours..

I wouldn't like to be sitting next to you guys. :D

I am a 'cheap charlie' as well, so I will try. I have caught a regular baht bus(bb) from Royal Garden to Central, out, 5bt, walk across the intersection,  bb to Pattaya North, out, 5bt, walked a bit up North and flagged one heading towards Sukhumvit, out at bus st. and another 5bt. Got there for 15bt and not much grief. I made sure each bb had passengers on it, had exact change, never talked to the driver. If you don't have much luggage, one of your friends with a motorbike should be happy to take you. Good luck and yes Jack, you are sounding a bit cheap. :o

Nope, just heading back to Bangkok

You better take a bath bus from Pattaya sai song (2rd road) I'm sure, they will charge farang for 10 baht (not 5 baht, that's for Thai) then a bath bus will turn to the beach road at Pattaya Nue or go to Naklua then you should get off and walk to the road to Pattaya Nue then take another bath bus for another 10 baht then you will get the bus station.

:o

Is there a baht bus route that runs from South Pattaya to the Pattaya bus station? I always get a taxi back to Bangkok but want to get the bus this time without having to charter a baht bus to get to the station. (Am I sounding cheap here :o )

Cheers.

Yes, you are sounding cheap,get a motorcycle taxi 1 dollar if you don't have to much luggage,or a baht bus 1 1/2 dollar,or you could walk or hitch,or go back from where you came and pay 10 times as much for the same journey.

be a sport and take a baht bus taxi for 60 baht

even better, save money and take a mototaxi for 40 baht.

I think you'll be lucky to find a SongThaew to take you for 60 Baht. I've never managed that. You must be a good negotiater.

What's a mototaxi? Motorbike?

As for being a cheap charlie? Most songthaew are happy to rip you off, so if you can avoid chartering them good for you. I have never understood how it costs more for a bench in the back of a pick-up per kilometre than an aircon taxi meter in Bangkok!

60 baht from central road corner soi buakhow. have done it many times, basically he gets paid to go to the bus station where he can get a full load so its not usually a pompem for him...

yes, mototaxi=motoby

60 baht from central road corner soi buakhow. have done it many times, basically he gets paid to go to the bus station where he can get a full load so its not usually a pompem for him...

yes, mototaxi=motoby

central road corner soi buakhow ain't South Pattaya, so yes, probably could get it for 60 Baht.