Where To Buy Foam

TLT

I am wanting to buy a large piece of foam suitable for putting on a bed. Around 2 meters - 2-3inches thick. I have looked for an upholstery shop in Rai but can't find one. Have seen one Chiang Mai but not here. Do you know where there is one?

Are you looking for a matter or just rubber foam so you can re-upholster your bed? If a mattress, to towards the Chiang Rai International Airport (highway) and there is a large shop on the leftside of the road, before the T junction to the airport. This shop is called Penang. Got a mattress from there for myself.

There is a furniture upholsterer on the Den Ha road, just passed the Shell Petrol Station , on the right side of the road and before the junction with the crematorium on the corner.

This is in the direction heading towards Chiang Rai beach. They sell Foam.

Could not find it. Are you says you are going south and it is on right side of road. Maybe moved?:huh:

I know where you can get Foam. If you go to Macro , half way between the Maekok Bridge and Macro on the Super Highway, on the same side as Macro, you will see several shops with their Wicker furniture being displayed . They make the Cushions for the chairs and Sofa's so I would think that would be a good place to ask .

Good Luck

I recently ordered the fish and chips at both of those places. Waited for hours and gave up. Same with the roast chicken. They just don't seem to care and I always leave before it arrives. I don't know how they can expect me to wait for food for so long. If you order water, it seems to arrive immediately. I guess they don't have to cook that. My advice- don't order food at either of those places. It also isn't a good idea to bring in your own food and sit down in one of the nice chairs to enjoy your lunch. I don't speak Thai, but they make it very clear that you are expected to NOT bring in your own food, regardless of how long it takes them to serve something that you order there. I won't be showing up there with big, greasy, fried chicken and kicking back in a nice chair to eat and enjoy it again. They get IRATE!!! jubby says he eats there often and hasn't had any troube at all. Maybe it is just me.

Anyway, TLT, I know of a place that sells the foam. He has the dense stuff, two inches thick, high quality. I would guess he also has the more spongy type and thicker types but I have never asked for it. I can't properly explain how to get there but you could follow me there. I know it when I see it. If you come to town, let me know. I'll meet up with you somewhere and show you the place. The place is on the other side of the river from CR after you cross the older bridge that is past Overbrook. It is maybe one kilo or so from the bridge (not sure), right side and doesn't look like much. But it seems anyone who recommends a good upholsterer to me, recommends that guy. Nice people there, family operated. Let me know if you need my help.

There is also a place near the "day market", close to the clock tower. It is next to the blue bank on the right side of that street. They re-upholster and they stock lots of stuff. I bought a large roll of 1 and 1/2 meter wide rubber mat from them once and was really pleased with the price.

Edit: Sorry for any typos. The wife thinks I'm painting in the bedroom, so I'm in a hurry.

Edited by kandahar

I recently ordered the fish and chips at both of those places. Waited for hours and gave up. Same with the roast chicken. They just don't seem to care and I always leave before it arrives. I don't know how they can expect me to wait for food for so long. If you order water, it seems to arrive immediately. I guess they don't have to cook that. My advice- don't order food at either of those places. It also isn't a good idea to bring in your own food and sit down in one of the nice chairs to enjoy your lunch. I don't speak Thai, but they make it very clear that you are expected to NOT bring in your own food, regardless of how long it takes them to serve something that you order there. I won't be showing up there with big, greasy, fried chicken and kicking back in a nice chair to eat and enjoy it again. They get IRATE!!! jubby says he eats there often and hasn't had any troube at all. Maybe it is just me.

Anyway, TLT, I know of a place that sells the foam. He has the dense stuff, two inches thick, high quality. I would guess he also has the more spongy type and thicker types but I have never asked for it. I can't properly explain how to get there but you could follow me there. I know it when I see it. If you come to town, let me know. I'll meet up with you somewhere and show you the place. The place is on the other side of the river from CR after you cross the older bridge that is past Overbrook. It is maybe one kilo or so from the bridge (not sure), right side and doesn't look like much. But it seems anyone who recommends a good upholsterer to me, recommends that guy. Nice people there, family operated. Let me know if you need my help.

There is also a place near the "day market", close to the clock tower. It is next to the blue bank on the right side of that street. They re-upholster and they stock lots of stuff. I bought a large roll of 1 and 1/2 meter wide rubber mat from them once and was really pleased with the price.

Edit: Sorry for any typos. The wife thinks I'm painting in the bedroom, so I'm in a hurry.

Are you the one in the big Sombrero playing with his wood. I think so :D