Welcome To Our New Advertiser The Olde Bell

bazmlb

Hosting the Thai Visa party should put the Olde Bell on the map. Wouldn't class myself as a regular but have enjoyed a pint in there from time to time with their delicous cheese platter. Welcome back :)

You mustn't get out too regularly, as The Olde Bell has been well and truly on the Chiang Mai map for over 4 years.

If this new move boosts this already exceptionally friendly place, about as authentic as a British pub can be around here, I will be delighted. Mein host and his missis thoroughly deserve it.

For me, the place has everything except parking - for anything more than a Honda Dream. I recommend the enormous car park of DK Books, an invigorating walk downhill from the moat, or conversley a tired crawl back up after your are full. But even if you are late and the barriers are closed, a smile, a polite wai and a 20b note to the DK security man buys your vehicle its freedom.

Lastly, re the annual thaivisa 'do', may I ask why people walk around (I have heard) with their posting names on their chests? I thought that part of the fun here was to be anonymous?

If I promise to omit your final 'e', is it ok with you if I walk around with 'Anonymous' on my tits?

I take it you had one to many at the Bell when writing this post ;)

As I mentioned in my post I have drank and eaten at the Old Belle over the years but am not a regular so I'm aware that it has been around for about 4 years. There are as noted on previous posts people who on TV who won't venture down Loi Kroh because of its reputation hopefully being a TV sponsor it may encourage these people and others to visit.

Yes I'll lend you my name tag but I always find part of the fun is putting names to faces :)