Where To Buy A Ok But Cheap Safe In Chiang Mai?

WhiteCadillac

I got mine from Makro, its fireproof and weighs 115kg, it cost 7990THB in the sale. Made by steelform, which seems to be a popular brand over here. There are other sizes in the range also. It has a combination lock as well as a dimple key lock.

There are several 'safe shops' on Chiang Moi Rd, (that's the road going from the moat to the Warorot market).

or as Thiamiller says, Makro are a 'safe' bet.

I got mine in Chiang Moi Road and they delivered free of charge (important, as it takes 2 guys to lift it).

You may want to check that a widescreen laptop fits inside.

Sorry, I forget the name of the shop but I remember it is on the left going from the moat and opposite a bank.

Regards

Can also recommend Chang Moi Road. Have used Pongpan Furniture for several safes, office furniture etc. Keenly priced and great service. They will also install wall mounted safes and build furniture for you.

It's located on the left going from the moat. Not sure if its the same place Contractor refers to. It has a yellow sign fascia and is on the far corner of a small soi. (Second soi on left going towards Karanthip resort - about 120M from the moat IIRC)

I bought a Leeco, fire resistant, fits a laptop, weighs 55 K and has both a combo and dimple key.

At Chan Furniture, out on Superhighway just past Carrefour headed south, before the Esso station on the frontage road (not actual Superhighway).

I think I paid around 5000 B, and it was a couple of years ago. Free delivery was included.

PM member Tigerbeer for details.

Very happy with the safe, and the price, and the excellent sales and delivery service. :)