Mother & Father Want To Stay About 6 Months

My Mother and Father have just expressed to me they would like to stay at my home in CM for six months and the other six months in Los Angeles where they currently live.

What kind of visa would they need? Would this be a retirement visa? They are both American citizens and in their 70's. with pensions from the UK and America.

They want to give it a trial run to see if they would like to retire there.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you

A double entry tourist visa would suffice to begin with this would give them 180 days stay with 1 border run and two 30 day extensions in Thailand (arrive 60 day stay then 30 day extension then border run and repeat).

If they decide to retire here permernantly then they want to be looking at a single entry Non Immigrant O or O-A visa............the single entry gives an inital 90 stay which can be extended 1 year at a time (subject to meeting certain requirements)..........the O-A gives a years stay upon arrival as you need to meet the requirements before leaving your home country.

Big difference between the O and O-A is that one of the requirements is to have money in the bank here when the 1 year extension of stay is applied for................obviously if you apply and qualify for the O-A then you postpone bringing this money into Thailand for a year.

Only one of your parents need to qualify for the extension the other would be granted the stay as a dependant spouse.

Edited by thaiflyer1