Keeping Track Of Where I Left Off

deejah

i learned early on that if dont read all the posts in a thread, the 'read most recent posts' feature is worthless,

and i need to recall or make a note of where i left off when reading entire long threads in more than one sitting

i have also taught myself,

so i dont have to remember the last time i was on TV,

how to know when/where in a thread i last was

i simply open up a few recent posts that have few or no responses in new tabs

and stop when i reach one or more of them next time,

looking for lighter text indicating they have been read by me

hoping there will be at least one of these threads that i opened that has not been added too

so far so good

are there better more efficient technological solutions

to both of my concerns?

1- what was the last post that I read in a thread and

2- what was the last thread in a forum i read

in other words what day and time was i last reading the forum so i know exactly where i left off

moderators feel free to move to computing

however this might be very helpful to others who may never venture to a techie forum or may be more technically challenged than me some of us

i am sure there are some sweet useful features on TV, the internet, and even on my PC that i dont know about

oh by the way, i think after TV did their upgrade, TV lost track of my 'read already' posts

that was a surprising and disappointing discovery

cheers to all

oh by the way, i think after TV did their upgrade, TV lost track of my 'read already' posts

Yes it annoying the old format was much better, but is just one of the many disappointing discovery's in this new format..

For me the worst one is the email notification.. at least 2 problems with it.. 'xyz has replied to topic....' it is pot luck where in the post the link will take you, NEVER to that reply, and every day get xyz has replied to topic.... and like this morning all 3 said between 11 - 15 mins ago, yet 1x was yesterday the other 2 were from 2 days ago.. [or at least the last time these posters posted to that topic..

I reported it before months ago, but was told that the posters had removed the post!! ? Sorry don't believe that 2 to 5 poster remove there post every single day, so it is just another of the disappointing discovery

The 'go to first unread' feature (liitle orange button in a small box next to the topic title) seems to work more often? if you are logged in. Whereas before I would always be automatically logged in on my own computer, now I have to log in manually, although name and password are stored.

Is this the problem?? I cannot confirm for sure that logging in will always activate the 'go to first unread feature'.

Yep, gotta agree, Had just worked out how the previous setup worked concerning 'sent' and 'received' messages and bingo it all changed. Got a notification today re a pers msg, and could I find it? Nope. Oh well, it's all very character building I'm sure, bit go-d-am-mit life is too short for this stuff (I mean were people actually complaining about the old setup? Seriously doubt it -- I've been on TV for 3 years and heard no complaints. 'Complained' to George recently about my non-recognition when logged in for at least 4 times if not 5 and got a rather technical reply about doing something to my cache whatever that is, etc etc etc. How on god's earth would I have figured this out if I hadn't reported a problem? I am 17% -- not 99% -- into the 'system' message-wise so how could I need a clean-out? I didn't actually DO anything to cause a lock-out. Oh well, companies all over the world somehow see a need these days to change their names, logos or mission statements etc so I guess a full-colour clean sweep is par for the course for TV.

Gawd I wish I was 30'ish with zero spelling ability but loads of puter-tech know-how.

'Complained' to George recently about my non-recognition when logged in for at least 4 times if not 5 and got a rather technical reply

Wow only 4 or 5 times, I have complained countless times + got replies, clear this and that, set this then set that then it is the Browser then it is the DNS then cache and set more things.

Open things change my security setting.. Change things that I have simply have no idea what, much less how to do

So you spend hours trying to figure out how to change all these things, and it works for maybe if lucky 2 days…

I DO NOT have to change anything on any other site I visit, and they are all perfectly fine, so to me the new format of thaivisa is now the worst website I have ever used.. I am using Windows 7, it is not as if I was using DOS or even Windows 95, I am using everything up to date

Why must I spend hours every day re setting or try to work out how to reset my PC just to get Thaivisa ??

Yes now thiavia is back to that long line, that I posed a few weeks ago

Maybe something in the big advert about the cheapest PC @ 6,xxx baht, Do we have to buy these ? are these set to receive Thaivisa with the weird setup?

This is what Thaivisa looks like for me:

Thailand Forum: Replying To Keeping Track Of Where I Left Off - Thailand Forum

News

SMS News

Newsletter

Forums

Forum Rules

Live Chat

Members

Forum Search

Forum Netiquette

Gallery

Downloads

Help

Speedtest

Test against Bangkok

Test against Singapore

Your IP address

Thailand Hotels

Bangkok

Chiang Mai

Hua Hin/Cha-am

Krabi

Pattaya

Phuket

Samui

All cities

Classifieds

Submit your own ad

Real estate

Cars, bikes

Computers, electronics

Jobs, employment

See all ads

Weather

Bangkok

Chiang Mai

Hua Hin

Khon Kaen

Pattaya

Phuket

Samui

All cities

Dating

Insurance

More

IT Store

Toolbar

Directory

Advertise

Contact us

Car rentals

Thai Baht rates

Search Advanced

ignis

0 unread notifications

My Settings Messenger (0 New) Sign Out Help

My Profile

My Settings

My Content

Messenger (0 New)

Manage Friends

Manage Ignored Users

Thailand Forum

> General

> General topics

> Keeping Track Of Where I Left Off

Forum Rules

View New Content | 24h

Replying to Keeping Track Of Where I Left Off

Emoticons

Attachments

Used 21.45MB of your 488.28MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 20MB)

Help with attaching files

Try our advanced uploader which supports multiple file uploading (modern browser required)

Options

Post Options

Enable emoticons?

Enable signature?

You are currently receiving email notification of replies

Post icon

[ Use None ]

or Cancel

Topic Summary

nocturn

Posted Yesterday, 11:40

well you may not be 30, but your spelling is <deleted>.

ignoramus

Posted 2010-11-04 19:48

Yep, gotta agree, Had just worked out how the previous setup worked concerning 'sent' and 'received' messages and bingo it all changed. Got a notification today re a pers msg, and could I find it? Nope. Oh well, it's all very character building I'm sure, bit go-d-am-mit life is too short for this stuff (I mean were people actually complaining about the old setup? Seriously doubt it -- I've been on TV for 3 years and heard no complaints. 'Complained' to George recently about my non-recognition when logged in for at least 4 times if not 5 and got a rather technical reply about doing something to my cache whatever that is, etc etc etc. How on god's earth would I have figured this out if I hadn't reported a problem? I am 17% -- not 99% -- into the 'system' message-wise so how could I need a clean-out? I didn't actually DO anything to cause a lock-out. Oh well, companies all over the world somehow see a need these days to change their names, logos or mission statements etc so I guess a full-colour clean sweep is par for the course for TV.

Gawd I wish I was 30'ish with zero spelling ability but loads of puter-tech know-how.

rak sa_ngop

Posted 2010-11-04 12:44

The 'go to first unread' feature (liitle orange button in a small box next to the topic title) seems to work more often? if you are logged in. Whereas before I would always be automatically logged in on my own computer, now I have to log in manually, although name and password are stored.

Is this the problem?? I cannot confirm for sure that logging in will always activate the 'go to first unread feature'.

ignis

Posted 2010-11-04 11:55

Yes it annoying the old format was much better, but is just one of the many disappointing discovery's in this new format..

For me the worst one is the email notification.. at least 2 problems with it.. 'xyz has replied to topic....' it is pot luck where in the post the link will take you, NEVER to that reply, and every day get xyz has replied to topic.... and like this morning all 3 said between 11 - 15 mins ago, yet 1x was yesterday the other 2 were from 2 days ago.. [or at least the last time these posters posted to that topic..

I reported it before months ago, but was told that the posters had removed the post!! ? Sorry don't believe that 2 to 5 poster remove there post every single day, so it is just another of the disappointing discovery

deejah

Posted 2010-11-04 11:08

i learned early on that if dont read all the posts in a thread, the 'read most recent posts' feature is worthless,

and i need to recall or make a note of where i left off when reading entire long threads in more than one sitting

i have also taught myself,

so i dont have to remember the last time i was on TV,

how to know when/where in a thread i last was

i simply open up a few recent posts that have few or no responses in new tabs

and stop when i reach one or more of them next time,

looking for lighter text indicating they have been read by me

hoping there will be at least one of these threads that i opened that has not been added too

so far so good

are there better more efficient technological solutions

to both of my concerns?

1- what was the last post that I read in a thread and

2- what was the last thread in a forum i read

in other words what day and time was i last reading the forum so i know exactly where i left off

moderators feel free to move to computing

however this might be very helpful to others who may never venture to a techie forum or may be more technically challenged than me some of us

i am sure there are some sweet useful features on TV, the internet, and even on my PC that i dont know about

cheers to all

Review the complete topic (launches new window)

Site search:

Skin and Language

Theme:

Execution Stats

Time Now: 2010-11-07 07:26

14 queries

GZIP Enabled

Go to top of page

Delete My Cookies

Mark Board As Read

Copyright 2002 - 2010 Thai Visa thaivisa.com | Privacy Policy | Thailand Forum | Advertise | Contact us | All rights reserved.

Graphic Design and Implementation by thaivisa.com