Cracks In The Chiang Rai Condotel?

Thighlander

I've been considering purchasing a unit there. IMO, it is a great location, the pool is clean, the fees are reasonable, it has a good design.....Here is my only reservation--I noticed some large horizontal cracks going across the front of the building on the upper floors. I am not an engineer, but this has raised a red flag with me. Have any of you all noticed this? Heard rumors? I've practically been knocked out of my chair by an earthquake in Chiang Mai, and I would imagine they are worse in Chiang Rai. Any thoughts, comments, criticism would be appreciated. Good luck to everyone. I had a really relaxing week in Chiang Rai. It's just a little bit easier to get across the soi up there, and I did find Tops number II on Utratit, with the Aeon outside, so hooray, no ATM Fee.

• 4 months later...

Hey folks. I hate to kick a horse when it's down but does anyone have new information on cracking issues?

The cracks appeared a couple of years ago after the earthquake , I dont know if the structure was re-surveyed , maybe one of the owners of condo owners can find out . Even having rendering work done here can end up having cracks within days of being done, but as for the seriousness of the condotel , anyones guess I would think.

The front office rents them for 4500, I noticed that one is 7000. They were asking 420K for a shell. Actually 450, but I offered 375, and he reluctantly came back with 420. Unit 721--a bare shell. Very nice lady at the front desk.

The front office rents them for 4500, I noticed that one is 7000. They were asking 420K for a shell. Actually 450, but I offered 375, and he reluctantly came back with 420. Unit 721--a bare shell. Very nice lady at the front desk.

Farang owned Condo's will always be more expensive , but the Thai units are at normal value and not overly inflated.

• 3 months later...