Where To Stay In Samui

can anyone help please

we are statying in samui over the new year period has any one heard about the Avenue hotel as there is no reveiws about this hotel ,and has any one stayed in the chaweng lake veiw condotel hotel, we do want to stay in the chaweng beech area does any one have any good hotels for us to stay in, we are on the island from 31/12/10 to 03/01/2011

thanks

This is during peak season, what is your budget and what area do you prefer?

upto around £70 pn we would like to stay in the chaweng beach area have you heard of the avenue hotel if so whats is it like i can not find any reviews on this hotel is it a new hotel

thanks again

Take a look at Agoda, some nice beach front properties for less than you specify.You pay upfront so you avoid the hassle of clearing the remaining balance on arrival, which could be problematic if no local currency (ATM out if power down after 1/2hrs). You are also are guaranteed to get the cheapest price, Agoda screen scrape the other sites hourly and if a hotel advertises elsewhere at a cheaper price they get a nasty phonecall/email. I dont work for Agoda.

This is during peak season, what is your budget and what area do you prefer?

upto around £70 pn we would like to stay in the chaweng beach area have you heard of the avenue hotel if so whats is it like i can not find any reviews on this hotel is it a new hotel

thanks again

yes.... the avenue is nice and it is new and clean....

The last people I put there were a couple of firemen from London if your name is correct. Cockneys but still took them diving :D Glad to see they voted not to go on strike last night. ;)

Plenty of places on the beach road within your budget so just have a look :jap:

Tradewinds in Chawang. Within your budget, right on the beach, nice bungalows, nice part of the beach and good food and right in the centre of Chawang. It is where I put friends who stay if they cannot afford my place ;)

I like that they haven't cut down all of the trees.

Here is a link to there website, http://www.theavenuesamui.com/

:( Jeez their English is worse than a five year old's, would put me off right away.. Did Big C write this ?

Last time I looked this was Thailand.Take it with a pinch of salt, they have made an effort. Love to see how you would word your advertisement in Thai.:) I guarantee it would be flawless.

:( Jeez their English is worse than a five year old's, would put me off right away.. Did Big C write this ?

Last time I looked this was Thailand.Take it with a pinch of salt, they have made an effort. Love to see how you would word your advertisement in Thai.:) I guarantee it would be flawless.

<_< Obviously you know Sweet F.A. about the Samui market. Thais do not holiday on Samui and I know of no resorts who have brochures or advertise in Thai. Just in case, install Babel Fish on your front page and the translation comes automatic.

Edited by crusty

dear Mr. Rusty, how many languages do you speak, read and write?

best reg.

I'm with crusty on this. That's the worst website I've seen for a Samui hotel since....oh ummmm OP Bungalows this morning. Abysmal.

Show me a good one someone please.

I've been biting my tongue........ but, about the Avenue....why oh why do they think that it would be a selling point to have a glass bathroom? I hope the toilet is hidden from view.

Isn't this what a romantic getaway is supposed to look like? I assume every room has a mini bar with disposable panties, several condoms and so called stimulating oils. :lol:

According to website, the Avenue hotel belongs to Laem Din Group, and pics seem to confirm that it is indeed situated in Laem Din area. Not close to the beach at all, and subject to extreme flooding after heavy rains. But close to the bars, otherwise they wouldn't build those glass bathrooms.

According to website, the Avenue hotel belongs to Laem Din Group, and pics seem to confirm that it is indeed situated in Laem Din area. Not close to the beach at all, and subject to extreme flooding after heavy rains. But close to the bars, otherwise they wouldn't build those glass bathrooms.

It's on the beach road near Ark bar entrance, opposite side.

Edited by PoorSucker