Unorthodox Wedding Between Lady-Boy And Two Thai Men Sets New Trend

webfact

Unorthodox Wedding Between Lady-Boy And Two Guys Sets New Trend

med_gallery_327_1086_44317.jpg

NAKHON SAWAN: -- A lady-boy who spent her life shuttling back and forth between Thailand and Switzerland, opening a restaurant and becoming rich in the process, is to marry two of her Thai boyfriends later this month and is hoping they can all live happily together in a ménage a trois. This, perhaps, will set a precedent that others will wish to follow.

Nakhon Sawan, 6 November 2010, [PDN]: an historic wedding is to take place on Nov13, between a katoey (lady-boy) and two Thai men in Takhlee District, Nakhon Sawan. The person of the third gender, Ms Somjit Songjaeng [42], was interviewed on Nov4 at her home, 3 houses built on 1 Rai of land, where she gave an account of her life.

Ms Somjit had apparently left school while a young boy to work as a garland vender in Takhlee market. Following this, he did several general jobs before becoming a dancer with a famous country singer, Chock Chai Chockanan, working for two years before taking up garland vending again.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-11-06

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

As usual, it is the poor who are discriminated more than anybody in Thailand. I doubt a non-rich ladyboy is going to be able to get any recognized marriage in Thailand let alone a polygamist one.

I'm sure this will just be the village/Buddhist ceremony and not in any way legally registered.

Which one's the ladyboy?

It's the one with a penis. :blink:

Nowt wrong with your eyesight. :D

Now I wonder what possible attraction a rich 42 y.o lady-boy (boy?)has for these two young guns? :whistling:

I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall around dawn when hubby No1, hubby No2, the wife and the alarm clock all go off at the same time.

Which one's the ladyboy?

It's the one with a penis. :blink:

Nowt wrong with your eyesight. :D

Now I wonder what possible attraction a rich 42 y.o lady-boy (boy?)has for these two young guns? :whistling:

I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall around dawn when hubby No1, hubby No2, the wife and the alarm clock all go off at the same time.

That is just a gross statement. Don't lose any sleep over dreaming about it but sometimes it's better to keep your thoughts to yourself..

uncletom

As usual, it is the poor who are discriminated more than anybody in Thailand. I doubt a non-rich ladyboy is going to be able to get any recognized marriage in Thailand let alone a polygamist one.

I'm sure this will just be the village/Buddhist ceremony and not in any way legally registered.

Yes, sadly, they cannot be legally, even lb and a man isn't recognized per se.

They could all enter into a civil contract if they wish. But I don't think divorce settlements is what they marry for. Only sign of love.

are the boys straight or gay? I would think gay since the lady looks like a man.

Are you saying that we should call any foreigner with an non-attractive Thai girl 'gay'?

Just asking, since you would have to type it a lot... :S

Edited by TAWP

Yes, sadly, they cannot be legally, even lb and a man isn't recognized per se.

They could all enter into a civil contract if they wish. But I don't think divorce settlements is what they marry for. Only sign of love.

Are you "assuming" on the civil contract or is that an option in Thailand ... and more to the point of this story, could you have a three way civil contract? When i say civil contract, I am talking about what is termed a Civil Contract / Union which other places use as a form of marriage between same sex couples rather than calling it an actual marriage and upsetting the church.

A trend implies this is happening more and more.

So far we have a public announcement of intent,

and other wise not even one, '3 way union', that is

officially registered, nor even more than this one planned.

Seems a bit more like a publicity stunt of some sort.

I could care less what they do if they don't hurt others,

but this 'starting a trend' is about 1,000 instance short of reality.

Edited by animatic

I presume that the biggest stumbling block in the relationship would be when ''romance is in the air,'' the burning issue would no doubt be.

Who is going to what to who and how ?

Personally if the people involved in the relationship are happy with the situation I feel it is really is of no concern to others..

What is the difference twixt an illicit relationship outside of a one to one partnership gay or otherwise ?

The relationship described is open and above board, everyone knows what is what, and who is who, thus no one should be emotionally damaged..

Personally I wish the trio all the best in their romantic endeavours.

Edited by siampolee

In the full article it provides, a much unneeded life history, which states she had "the" operation. I assume this to mean she now is penisless and has a vagina.

I think your glasses need replacing, JCB.

The article actually says "It is not clear at what point Ms Songjaeng had the necessary operations to change his gender, if at all,".

There are some marked differences between this report and some details in the Thai news, such as the Thai news reporting his meeting his latest b/f at a recent open-air concert on 3rd Road in Pattaya - one I attended, coincidentally, where there was the usual crowd of lady-boys (and "available" boys) dancing at the front and on some of the chairs.

Take this article, and any others on the subject, with a pinch of salt. A LARGE pinch of salt.

Live together and support your 2 boyfriends, no problem. Have a 3 way gay marriage? NO. This is whacked!

What's it your business what 3 consenting adults do to manage their domestic situation? I may not be a supporter of such marriages, but if these people are happy and not hurting anyone, why should canyone care? Good for them. I doubt it will work long term, but it seems a heck of a lot healthier and more honest than the typical foreigner that takes up with a bar girl, where the bar girl conceals the fact that she has other farang "boyfriends" and of course the principal man in her life, a Thai male with an ability to allow her to enjoy sex and achieve orgasm.

Different societies draw different lines about who can get legally married.

This marriage in the report is not technically a real, legal marriage, that is obvious, as three person marriages are not legal in Thailand.

In some countries, it is legal for men to marry multiple wives, but I don't know of any country where it is legal for a woman to marry multiple men (or women).

In some countries, same sex marriage is legal.

In traditional Mormon culture, men marry multiple wives, but that is illegal now in the US home of Mormonism, but there are some rebel communities that still do that (though not recognized by the state).

I wouldn't judge an Arab culture that legalizes polygamous marriages. Of course for my home country the US (and also Thailand) I would support legalization of same sex marriage, and if traditional Mormons think polygamous marriages are part of their religion, why should the state stop them? I realize feminists hate polygamous marriages and I understand that in contexts when that is forced. But for US Mormons, the state didn't force anyone to be Mormon or stay Mormon. So just as I resent the Mormon activism to keep gay marriage illegal, I support them if they want polygamous marriage.

Edited by Jingthing