Pvc Or Wood

Gonsalviz

Just about anything will last longer than wood in humid climates. Either aluminum or pvc slider are much more preferred up here. A lot of people are hung on wood which works great in our home countries . But it warps splits sticks & in general is useless in this climate.

Our rental house 5 years ago 7 windows wouldn't shut & the front doors warped & I had to reset the latches to get it ready to give back to the owner when we moved out.

We use the aluminum frames & have very good success with them. After careful examination of PVC we decided to go with the regular aluminum frames. I just really couldn't see much difference for 3 times more to go for the PVC.

Wooden windows are beautiful and would be theoretical the sustainable variant. But in Thailand their quality is very low.

PVC (and uPVC) windows are easy to clean. But they have massive frames and PVC is not a sustainable material. They also can degrade by UV radiation.

Aluminium frames seems to be the best solution for Thailand. They include a lot of embedded energy but they are fully recyclable. The frames can got hot in direct sunlight but it is strongly recommended to shade your windows anyway.

The contractor in our little resort in Hua Hin has chosen aluminium from Sunparadise http://www.sunparadise.co.th/). They seem to be expensive but of good quality, too. They close really tight (also against sound), are easy to operate (sliding doors) and the whole construction is very sturdy. I also like their mosquito screens.