Immigration Office Visit..

Hi All,

I recently read that when applying for an extension to a non imm o visa (married to Thai National) and you are under 50 yo and not working you will receive (if granted) only 9 months extension initially. Also, when you re-apply you will be checked out in detail.

I am 47 yo and have not worked since 1999. I am in receipt of an Australia Military Pension (for services rendered to Queen and Country for 20+ years) I am married to a Thai National. :D

With this in mind, it is my intention to supply Thai Immigration with both proof of funds in Thai bank and proof of monthly income from that pension. I am hoping that this may make my application look a lot stronger.

My query is: does the proof of monthly income, which will have an embassy stat dec attached, have to be translated to Thai and certified by MFA? or would it be accepted in English (Iam assuming that the people working in immigration can read/speak English) :o

I recently read that when applying for an extension to a non imm o visa (married to Thai National) and you are under 50 yo and not working you will receive (if granted) only 9 months extension initially. Also, when you re-apply you will be checked out in detail.

As far as I am aware, you will, if successful, receive an extension of one year but it will commence from the time you last entered Thailand. Therefore if you apply in the 3rd month of a 3 month visa, you will initially obtain a further 9 month extension. Future extensions will be for one year.

My query is: does the proof of monthly income, which will have an embassy stat dec attached, have to be translated to Thai and certified by MFA? or would it be accepted in English (Iam assuming that the people working in immigration can read/speak English) :o

I have an embassy (UK) letter confirming my pension. Every year I include a copy of said letter with my application for an extension. It is not translated into Thai. I consider it worthwhile to ask your bank to provide your 'confirmation of funds' letter and include details of your monthly (fortnightly?) pension transfers. As far as the immigration officers speaking English, I guess it depends upon which immigration office you intend to use.

The nine months has nothing to do with your age or work status - as Jayenram said it is from time of entry to day before so if you apply during the last 30 days of a 90 day entry (as requested) you are allowed a little over 9 months - although this will likely be in several visits as you do not receive a support Thai wife full extension on first vist.

If you want to use income because you do not have 400k in bank account you must obtain a letter from your Embassy (and what Embassy requires to issue it). If just for answer of your income in the form a copy of your retirement pension statement will be fine (show original) and no need for translation or registration. To provide this is a good idea as it will answer outside income questions.

Thanks Jayenram and Lop that sorts out that problem. And one less trip to OZ embassy :o Aletta, I kinda fiqured I would be paying a few visits to immigration. I will definately post my experiences with immigration after visit in mid Sept :D

Took about 105 days to get my first extention under your circumstances.(Three visits after the initial interview,30,30 and then 45 days)

77 days for my first extention. I've only just started my second extension.

Took about 105 days to get my first extention under your circumstances.(Three visits after the initial interview,30,30 and then 45 days)

77 days for my first extention. I've only just started my second extension.

Nothing to add to the Ops question. But I love your Avitar TizMe. It's not taken from your personal video collection i hope :o

Mr BoJ