Golf Courses -High Season Prices

Thailand

These are weekday prices.

Please add others or correct prices if you know otherwise as this was from just phoning around.

Alpine 1800 + caddy fee

Gold Canyon 1800 +?

Green Valley 2500 (Is what I was told!)

Highland 1400 + caddy fee

Inthanon 1650 inc caddy fee

Lake City Gassan

Mae Jo

Royal Chiangmai

Mae Jo is 1400 baht.

Seems like these prices are their standard prices for tourists, or with just a tiny discount for dwellers.

What i'd be interested in is knowing whether these prices are good value or greedy. How do they stack up against other countries with comparable quality? When all is done the outlay is about 2000 baht for a round, which in english money comes to over 40 quid. Seems pretty expensive to me.

It remains a shame that the courses don't get together and create a sort of chiang mai golf membership. As a member at mae jo i pay, weekdays, 600 baht for the green fee. But if i want to play golf in the high season elsewhere i have to pay a huge amount of money, considering the context of chiang mai - ie almost the cheapest part of thailand, and where salaries are a fraction of bangkok. Thus, i only really play at the course i'm a member of.

Thanks for the info. What about sports days? Lanna is still 500THB on Mon and Fri. Gassan Lake City is still 400THB inc. caddy as of Sat. They told me that Gassan Marina is due to open on Nov. 20.

Marina was not too bad until it completely flooded a couple of years ago, could be interesting at the right price.

Lanna-Irrespective of the price,too many 6 balls for me, just no fun waiting all the time.

Gold Canyon told me 1800 +, much too far at that price.