Recommendation For Shipping Agent In Phuket

westsail

I'd use a shipping agent in the USA, one that can guarantee door to door delivery for a set cost. I know not the same, but I shipped 2 dogs here, and as soon as they were in Thailand the money games began, demanding money for everything you can think of and threatening delays, refusing to drive them from the airport unless I paid extra. I was able to fall back on the USA company who stood by our contract and I didnt have to pay one baht more than was agreed upon. They also organized all the paperwork.

I am also looking for recommendations for about half a container of household goods to Europe.

So far I am planning to contact the following companies for quotes:

bigmovephuket

siampickpack

advanceinterfreight

Phuket Universal Services Co.,Ltd. aka pusco

Those companies will do a free survey in Phuket to check the amount to be shipped and give a quote.

I also agree that it might be a better idea to make the contract with a company in your own country, where you might have more success with claiming damages later (can happen) and like the above poster said with adhering to the quoted price.

I have not found a local company in my destination that has a rep in Phuket yet.

I heard from a friend that bigmovephuket charged a price to Hamburg Germany, I guess door to port, without telling their customer about the customs and transport charges to the final destination. Those charges were more than their charges in Thailand and the customer was not expecting them. So I agree to demand an all inclusive door to door price guarantee.

I might post again after I get quotes from the companies I mentioned to report back where I got reasonable quotes, guarantees and insurance.

hope you have the right visa or you are going to pay a lot of customs charges.. regardless of what an agent says........ :whistling:

Most agent can pay a fee to have it run through blind.. Buddies have brought entire containers in for 10k baht and the promise to not even open it.