Tv Drinker's Poll

baht&sold

How many drinks or beers do you consume in a week?  

107 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Boo- not exactly true think you had 3 drinks w/me - you seemed not so pissed. biggrin.gif

True Brit, but that was last year just after our move from LOS so I was still on Thailand alcohol capacity then & on meds :D , I've had another 10 odd months of rarely drinking since then & trust me, I am a really cheap date now :D (As u witnessed on chat 2 weeks back, 2 glasses of wine & my spelling went out the window, makes me sleep good now though) :o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out last night, had exactly 2, came home, couldn't sleep (kit maak) so ventured out innocently enough to the store beside my condo. There was a crowd of guys n gals whooping it up at long tables set up outside (whiskey, guitars, tom yum goong etc).

Turns out, it was a birthday celebration for the Thai gent who owns the apt building across the street (know him well) and he insisted I join in by pouring me a drink. I thought, ok, be polite, just one... It's all a bit fuzzy after but I vaguely recall agreeing to marry his daughter :o (just in case, what are the annulment rules in LOS??) :D

Anyways, woke up with an enourmous hangover today (a very rare event) and first order of biz was "talking with ralph on the big white telephone"... (an even rarer event, thankfully).

Voted 5-10 but after last night, will be joining the 0's :D

Went out last night, had exactly 2, came home, couldn't sleep (kit maak) so ventured out innocently enough to the store beside my condo. There was a crowd of guys n gals whooping it up at long tables set up outside (whiskey, guitars, tom yum goong etc).

Turns out, it was a birthday celebration for the Thai gent who owns the apt building across the street (know him well) and he insisted I join in by pouring me a drink. I thought, ok, be polite, just one... It's all a bit fuzzy after but I vaguely recall agreeing to marry his daughter  :D  (just in case, what are the annulment rules in LOS??)  :D

Anyways, woke up with an enourmous hangover today (a very rare event) and first order of biz was "talking with ralph on the big white telephone"... (an even rarer event, thankfully).

Voted 5-10 but after last night, will be joining the 0's  :D

Got to stay off that Thai whisky B&S........ :D

I've been caught a few times having "just one" to be polite and then waking up the next day thinking what the <deleted> happened! :o !

Fortunately not happened for quite a while now. :D

Thinking about this poll made me realize that I'm in a rather interesting position. I live with a Thai family in which no one else drinks -- at least not regularly. My brother-in-law goes out with friends a few times a month and drinks a bit. My father-in-law has a single can of Singha in the evening every once in a while. But, that's it.

So, every time I look over at the aluminum and glass recycling containers I realize that the mass of beer cans and bottles therein are mine, all mine....

:o

I really don't drink much. If my memory serves me correctly, I go out once a week and have only a couple of beers.  :D

The Irish X change (and others;) would be broke if that were true LC :D:D

Dereklev, good advice n will do :o

Buadhai, it's a measure of a good selfless expatriate whom assists his new community by initiating a recycling drive :D

Poll:

How many times have you fallen over in the last 12 months -

Just fall over 10 days ago, (actually slipped on a carpet) at home, in bright daylight, SOBER.

Fractured my bl00dy hand!

What we learn from this? I try never to be sober again. :o

Edited by Axel

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2005-08-06 22:00:41)

I went to  drinking counselor years back who told me that 35 units a week was the safe amount.

You should have seen his face when I told him i had had roughly 480 units the previous week. , and 2 of those 7 days I had had nothing.

A bottle of spirits was 32 units

Strong beer a pint 3 units.

Normal beer 2 units.

So thats 480 units in 5 days's if you did not drink 2 of them. That works out at 96 units per sesion or 3 bottles of spirits or 32 strong pints. Thats some going.

Yeah, I guess that's why the look on the counsellor's face. If you want to know how - 1/2 bottle of vodka was used before breakfast could even be considered. the remaining half was used before going out to the pub, usually about 1pm. Then usually about 5-10 pints of beer, some strong, like Theakstons Old peculiar, yuk.

Usuall had to go home and pass out at who knows, something around 6pm. I could only ever sleep for 4 hours max, so around midnight, or before, the 2nd bottle would come out to get me through the night. A real nightmare. This type of drinking only ever lasted for a maximum of 3 weeks.

That's why I don't touch the stuff any more!!

Poll:

How many times have you fallen over in the last 12 months -

Just fall over 10 days ago, (actually slipped on a carpet) at home, in bright daylight, SOBER.

Fractured my bl00dy hand!

What we learn from this? I try never to be sober again. :o

I have a scar on my forehead.... but I wasn't THAT drunk... honest..! :D

totster :D

Boo- not exactly true think you had 3 drinks w/me - you seemed not so pissed. biggrin.gif

True Brit, but that was last year just after our move from LOS so I was still on Thailand alcohol capacity then & on meds :D , I've had another 10 odd months of rarely drinking since then & trust me, I am a really cheap date now :D (As u witnessed on chat 2 weeks back, 2 glasses of wine & my spelling went out the window, makes me sleep good now though) :o

Boo - maybe so, however I still think you can hold your own and I'll happily give you membership in the TC Pisshead club!!! :D

Boo - maybe so, however I still think you can hold your own and I'll happily give you membership in the TC Pisshead club!!! 

Nice one :D I agree it probably wouldn't take too long for me to get back to my old drinking strength but I'm just not motivated here in London to keep up the training :o

Tough to say. With friends locals or foreign (10-24 bottles/day/person), meals with wife 1-2 then she is pissed not me, entertainment of customers depends on the budgets and nationality :D .

I like drinking beer or Black (double) in a tall glass with loads of soda and ice. :o

Keep'em coming! :D

Jethro and denzil were in their local pub and by the time the evening had finished they had both drank about 10 pints each.

When they left Jethro fumbled in his pockets for his car keys. "You aint gonna be driving after drinking all that beer are you Jethro" said Denzil

"To fukcin right I am" said Jethro, "I'm far too pissed to walk"