Uwatec Service

Ratsima

I have an Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra that needs service. I think it just needs batteries.

The Scubapro/Uwatec web sire lists Dive Supply in Phuket as their service center. I sent e-mail to Dive Supply in Phuket and they responded that they only deal with dealers, not with end users. They suggested I e-mail their Bangkok retail store. I did and got no response.

Is there any place in Thailand that can service Uwatec products?

contact Subapro asia directly via their website - if you find a phone numbner then even better.

Dive Supply can be a bit odd. If you have diver friends that deal with them try via them or a dive shop, othewise Singapore Scubapro might help.

edit to add: I needed weight pockets for a Scubapro bcd - I gave up and ended getting in Singapore, contacted them first then went into the shop when I was transiting through - it took 5 minutes (after 4 months of getting nowhere in thailand).

Edited by redfish44

Divesuply does NOT service Uwatecs, Aquamaster does. Divesupply is regional service center for Scubapro but not for Uwatec.

I would not be surprised at all though if it has to be sent to the regional service center in Hing Kong.

Divesuply does NOT service Uwatecs, Aquamaster does. Divesupply is regional service center for Scubapro but not for Uwatec.

Interesting. The guy I was communicating with at Dive Supply implied that they would service it if I sent it to their Bangkok branch.

Anyway, I've now written Aquamaster. Thanks for the heads up.

If you need the battery changed, read in the internet before. you may prefer to send it to an independend shop who is doing it itself.

Thanks, I only found one place in Thailand. It's EasyTek in Pattaya. I've asked for an estimate.

I may be wrong but isn't Aquamaster now " All 4 Diving ? They have branches in most of the major tourist / diving destinations. I can ask the guy here on Samui if you want ?

All 4 Diving is their retail brand, Aquamaster is the wholesale brand. So yes, I should have said 'All4Diving' in stead of Aquamaster.

They will send it to Hong Kong anyway.

And of course the guy from Divesupply does not mention this. They don't want to send you to the competition, but would rather send your computer to the competition themselves, so they get some commission.

If you need the battery changed, read in the internet before. you may prefer to send it to an independend shop who is doing it itself.

Thanks, I only found one place in Thailand. It's EasyTek in Pattaya. I've asked for an estimate.

I know them, nice company. When I searched I found a company in Austria, one in UK and one in Slowakia or Czech.

There are also some guides on the internet.

If I am not wrong, they are oil filled and you need to submerge it in oil after the battery change. As well it must be awaken again after the change.

I know them, nice company. When I searched I found a company in Austria, one in UK and one in Slowakia or Czech.

If I am not wrong, they are oil filled and you need to submerge it in oil after the battery change. As well it must be awaken again after the change.

Maybe a nice company, but they're not much on communication. Sent a message via their web site, no reply. Left a message on their answering machine asking for a call back, no reply. Called again, but no one could speak English and they eventually hung up on me. I guess they're not that anxious for business.

Maybe a nice company, but they're not much on communication. Sent a message via their web site, no reply. Left a message on their answering machine asking for a call back, no reply. Called again, but no one could speak English and they eventually hung up on me. I guess they're not that anxious for business.

hahaha....that sounds bad....their business is commercial diving and compressor repair/teaching how to repair compressor. They might not be prepared to deal with endcustomer...maybe doing it yourself is the best option.

When you search internet you find hundreds of complains about Scubapros service for Uwatec computer. seems to be a bit headache. Some who sent in a transmitter waited 4+ month. Some who sent to Hongkong never got anything......

It is a little frustrating. The Scubapro/Uwatec website lists DiveSupply Phuket as the service center. DiveSupply Phuket won't deal with end users. They refer you to their Bangkok retail shop. The Bangkok retail shop doesn't reply to e-mail.

The EasyTek website implies that they deal with end users and they invite you to request an estimate:

Need Your Equipment Serviced And Live Out Of Town?

Or if you don't have the time to bring us your equipment, just send us the equipment and we will service it and return it by post to you.

All you need to do is fill out this form and send us the equipment.

Unfortunately they don't respond to their online estimate form and don't return phone calls and don't have anyone on duty who speaks English.

Ah, another day in Thailand...

I finally got a chance to speak with someone at EasyTek. They were not encouraging. He said that the battery cannot be replaced in the field. He also said that over the past few years he has sent eight Uwatec computers to the service center in Hong Kong and that every time the service center says that the batter cannot be replaced but that they'll sell you a new computer at 1/3 off.

But, Crushdepth seems to have had a completely different experience. Can you tell me the exact model of your Aladin Pro?

TIA

I think its just called Aladin Pro :) It's quite old, I got it about 1995. It looks like this.

Thanks. I think mine is slightly newer, but also quite old. If they could do yours they should be able to do mine.

Does yours have a battery port, or does it have to be disassembled to get at the battery? The guy from EasyTek said that the really old ones have a battery port on the side which makes it easier to replace the battery.

Mine was changed at this shop: http://www.taucherwerkstatt.at/

Good job and done quickly on an Aladdin Air Z

But don't hope that they answer emails and there communication is already in German strange so don't know how it would be in english.

Another place is this: http://mkotva.cz/nabidka.htm

They had before a detailed guide but seem to have it removed.

I mailed mine off to Wahoo Diving this morning. I'll post back when I get some results.

Thanks to all for the help.

yes please let us know....

I most probably won't buy Uwatec anymore, but for sure I won't buy a computer with a battery I can't change myself anymore.

To add: mine had approx. 60 % Battery and 2 weeks later without diving it was gone. If you are for example from Europe, having just 3 weeks holidays and than no computer it would be pretty bad.

Edited by h90

Does yours have a battery port, or does it have to be disassembled to get at the battery?

I can't see any port from the outside. You'd have to take the case off. Battery life on this model is pretty good, this is only the second battery in around 15 years, although I was inactive for a lot of that.

• 1 month later...

Don't worry about it. As I said, takes a while :)

I just got email from them today. The computer is back from Hong Kong. 3950 baht. They will mail it to me in Korat.

that's 100 Euro :blink:

I think I paid 45 Euro (and 100 Euro for a replacement transmitter :annoyed:)

It is cheaper to have a mia noi than diving in Thailand......