Where To Buy Real King Size Bed?

SaamBaht

Hello,

I'm a very tall person and I'm looking to purchase a real king size bed. The only size I have been able to find at this point is the 6x5 king, which is really a queen in the West. Any suggestions? Greatly appreciate you taking the time. Thanks!

If you are tall and need a longer bed I think you will struggle here. Standard length is 6ft 6in and I have never seen a longer one. If you want a wider bed, then 6ft is easily found in places like Index, Kanyong, Homeworks, etc.

Or, you could buy two 3ft 6in x 6ft 6in (single) mattresses, placed sideways, and get a 7ft x 6ft 6in base made up.

Linens can be made by sewing two singles together.

If you need shoes - plenty of old rice barges for sale. :D

I bought a 7' long by 6'6" wide bed from stock several years ago, but have never seen one since. I use a 6'6" x 6' mattress across the bed, with a 1' x 6'6" insert at the head end; two single 3'6" mattresses will sag at the join, just where you want support most, whereas you don't notice an insert at the head end as its under the pillows (three across!). Fitted sheets are impossible to find, but large unfitted sheets are readily available.

Any decent furniture maker should be able to make a bed.

I bought a 7' long by 6'6" wide bed from stock several years ago, but have never seen one since. I use a 6'6" x 6' mattress across the bed, with a 1' x 6'6" insert at the head end; two single 3'6" mattresses will sag at the join, just where you want support most, whereas you don't notice an insert at the head end as its under the pillows (three across!). Fitted sheets are impossible to find, but large unfitted sheets are readily available.

Any decent furniture maker should be able to make a bed.

Great point. We couldn't find a couch that fit perfectly into our living room. So, had it custom made for a fairly cheap amount. Took 3 weeks.