Working Permit For Bar Owner

Hi

Can anyone advise please, i have a friend who wants to buy a guesthouse/bar , but doesnt have a working permit,

I understand with out one he cannot work, however if he decides too run it himself. Whats the process of obtaining one for him

I believe he's on a Non imigrant O multiple visa at the moment

Can you point me in the right direction please.

As a foreigner he will need to have a Thai partner, who has a majority stake in the bar. He cannot own it by himself or have a majority stake in it.

To get a work permit, he will need to have at least 4 employees. If he will get a work permit depends on what he will do in the bar and also depends on the job description: you can't stand behind the bar, but can be the manager.

As a foreigner he will need to have a Thai partner, who has a majority stake in the bar. He cannot own it by himself or have a majority stake in it.

To get a work permit, he will need to have at least 4 employees. If he will get a work permit depends on what he will do in the bar and also depends on the job description: you can't stand behind the bar, but can be the manager.

I have one more question regarding Bar management, I know few foreigners operating street bars on khaosan road and sukhumvit area these bars are installed between 8 p.m till 2 a.m most of them in front of other stores which operates in regular business hours ( 9-5) so what is their status they don't even have a registered address of these mobile bars?

I have one more question regarding Bar management, I know few foreigners operating street bars on khaosan road and sukhumvit area these bars are installed between 8 p.m till 2 a.m most of them in front of other stores which operates in regular business hours ( 9-5) so what is their status they don't even have a registered address of these mobile bars?

Illegal, you must show alcohol and/or cigarette license on demand.

The licence will show the address where they can operate.