Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

My son has the skinny wheels on his Wave, and I think it is the look for him. The obvious effect is that he can turn and change direction more rapidly but they wouldn't do him any good through a long turn and are mostly cosmetic value I think. I am heavier than you SOI6 and I think this has got something to do with my 8 flat tyres in a year and a half. I check the pressure with my gauge and dont overfill but most of my flats seem to occur 2 up. I do ride on very rough roads and as I recall at least 3 of them have been from nails.

Kwasaki I get your point Pedrosa (and the rest) would be foolish to discount a champion with Vale's credentials.

Now to complete spin. The Thai lottery every fortnight is a 6 digit number and a 2 digit number. You can buy a ticket in the official one or most people can punt on the black lottery either directly on the 2 numbers or on the last 3 numbers of the 6 digit number. You can back that up with safety bet on the last 2 numbers -but you have to back the 3 first. Anyway I saw a Repsol Honda Wave replica with the number 26 on it. As 26 are also the the only 2 common numbers on my motorcycyle and car rego I thought I'd have a go at that. I thought Dani whose number was 26 (I hope I am sure) might be the omen bet. Anyway 27 (Stoners main number) came up in the 2 numbers and 46(Valentino's number) in the last 2 numbers of the 6 digit number. As I rode home dejectedly I followed a motorcycle which numberplate was 46 only.

Ok well I've had a few wines please excuse me

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last race I went to was in Sepang 2009, the Thai suuport was huge and there were Thai flags waving high.

I went to Sepang 2009, 2010, and have my flights for this year - bought last year in an Air Asia sale.

Bad news re Rathapark Wilairot and hope he recovers fully - all my partner cared about when the Moto 2 race was on was where he was in the field - not too high up think he finished about 17th last year, but still a lot of support and pride in a Thai rider being there.

I just saw a report that said Elias got done for cheating in Moto2 last year, something about being below weight, in a single engine class thats got to be a big advantage, it also makes Simon look pretty good. Am trying to find out abouit the punishment now.

Day 3 at Sepang 2

Stoner, Pedrosa, both under 2m, Simoncelli, Dovisioso, still within 1s, Spies, Lorenzo, under 2.01, Rossi and Hayden identical in about 12th. Valentino did not do day 2 due to an illness and was playing catch up on day 3. It sounds like Lorenzo is quite peeved about lack of power in the Yammie. Next test is Qatar presumably the week before the race?

Checa is on pole for tomorrow SBK at Phillip Island, Biaggi is right there, Guintoli then Haslam. Corser is 7th. True has it at 7:45am Sunday and race 2 at 11am Channel 106. Enjoy

Superbikes would have been a bit disappointing for anyone looking for rising stars to shine or Poms for that matter (I know Aussies cant talk). A bit same old same old as Chubby beat Max in both races yesterday, and Melandri got on the podium in the second race, ousting the pocket rocket and other Brits. That Yamaha was matching the Aprilia for top speed. Early days yet but its hard to see anyone else beating all of these three at the end. The WSS was more promising with Scassa Yamaha beating Mr Personality Broc Parkes Kawasaki and the new Brit Sam Lowes Honda by less than a tenth.

I know its the MotoGP forum but it aint on yet.

Superbikes would have been a bit disappointing for anyone looking for rising stars to shine or Poms for that matter (I know Aussies cant talk). A bit same old same old as Chubby beat Max in both races yesterday, and Melandri got on the podium in the second race, ousting the pocket rocket and other Brits. That Yamaha was matching the Aprilia for top speed. Early days yet but its hard to see anyone else beating all of these three at the end. The WSS was more promising with Scassa Yamaha beating Mr Personality Broc Parkes Kawasaki and the new Brit Sam Lowes Honda by less than a tenth.

I know its the MotoGP forum but it aint on yet.

Why not have a forum for them then it's all good to talk about.

http://www.superbike-news.co.uk/ good site for all.

Ducati & Aprilia seem to have it sorted, you would think the BM's to do better. :whistling:

WSS good Yamaha come back with the slipstream win by 0.009 secs.:rolleyes:

Edited by Kwasaki

Hey guys,

I will be in Thailand for the next few months and am wondering where I can watch the MotoGP races on TV. The internet where I am staying is a bit slow and blocks bit torrent so I need to watch the races live. I can' t miss the Qatar race!!!

Thanks

Dear jeffjpn, the cable operator True (the red satellite dish) has it on either channel 106 or 107, I think from memory its Star Sports, just cant remember which of those 2 channels it was last year. If you're in a tourist area you may be able to watch it in a bar, although it may be wise to check with them beforehand as it will be about 1am. If you're in hotel or whatever with a few cable channels you may be lucky you may not. Last year they showed qualifying as well so you may be able to do a trial run on the Saturday, except that is an hour earlier I believe.

It seems like after the final tests at Qatar, Stoner and Pedrosa have cleared out by half a second or so, Rossi, who crashed, is 13th, Spies 3rd, Lorenzo 7th. I won't be reading too much into the race result as it is a night race, the surface can change between track outings due to wind blowing the sand, and then being subsequently swept clean, and it it is only the first race of the season. Whoever gets away well will have a bigger than normal advantage I reckon.

Cheers MotoGP forum.

Do you like the new avatar?

Well, it looks like a total Honda domination this weekend, but wait! Hector B third fastest on a Ducati!!

Qualifying will be live on Star Sports some funny time on Sunday morning, so I'll try to catch it.

Almost...................GAME ON

Hi Mr T is it, what's goin on there. Well anyway I liked Mr T a bit way back then and I gather there's a mini revival, in any case he's better than my avatar. Glad you're back thought I was almost on my own for a while. Yes the Barbarian is 3rd but Valentino lurking 5th and its only about a third of a second betweeen second and seventh or eighth. GO CASEY but don't drop it, I really just hope he finishes this one but he is looking the goods at the moment for the season. Famous last words find out on Monday morning and cruel me then.

Cheers MotoGP forum.

Do you like the new avatar?

Well, it looks like a total Honda domination this weekend, but wait! Hector B third fastest on a Ducati!!

Qualifying will be live on Star Sports some funny time on Sunday morning, so I'll try to catch it.

Almost...................GAME ON

Hello all you Moto GPers,, so nice to be back in 2011, a very exciting year ahead i believe, as usual, my money is on Rossi, you cant help but like the bloke,

TV on screen prog display on True Visions 107 goes like this..

Saturday 19th, 23.55-0100.

Sunday 20th 0700-0800.

13.30-14.30

22.00-2257

22.57-0300

I would say that the 1 hour progs are practice, Racing will be the 4 hour programme Sunday night, but as we all know, things might change..

Happy Viewing, and may your man win!! Cheers, Lickey.

Edited by Lickey

Cheers guys.

Looks like a Honda fiesta this weekend, in fact it will be all year me thinks. Lorenzo and Spies are the ones that will split them. I can't see Rossi joining the party though, not so soon anyway but I hope I'm wrong.

Being a Brit I also will be shouting for Cal Crutchlow, although he won't be up at the front in his first year.

I'll try to be up for the qualifying which is on Star Sports.

Only the one qualifying session, even though its a four day event. We'll see in about 4 hours if anyone has been foxing. Mind you I think Valentino is struggling with the shoulder, at least that has been the excuse so far, he best performed on Thursday after the 3 day break but complained of soreness on the Friday. If no-one is up for improvement, it comes down to Pedrosa or Stoner for the win, which ever one wants to stick their neck out on the opening laps. I love em all really you know, just because they can do what they do, You know these older guys have to keep on going, while someone keeps paying em, is the Doctor in that category yet? Maybe not but he has a lot of slicing, dicing and psyching to do.

Stoner looks to be really flying and I fancy he will win the race and Dani will be along with him, but I think Casey will disappear. Good to se Lorenzo on the front row also but I'm mighty impressed by Cal Crutchlow in eigth.....go for it boy.

The race is on at 3 am here in Singers so it'll be sleeping on the sofa ( again ) then off to work.

Can't wait guys, its been too long to be without some two wheel action........... :D:D:D

Stoner looks to be really flying and I fancy he will win the race and Dani will be along with him, but I think Casey will disappear. Good to se Lorenzo on the front row also but I'm mighty impressed by Cal Crutchlow in eigth.....go for it boy.

The race is on at 3 am here in Singers so it'll be sleeping on the sofa ( again ) then off to work.

Can't wait guys, its been too long to be without some two wheel action........... :D:D:D

1 - Casey Stoner - Repsol Honda Team

2 - Jorge Lorenzo - Yamaha Factory Racing Team

3 - Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda Team

4 - Andrea Dovizioso - Repsol Honda Team

5 - Marco Simoncelli - San Carlo Honda Gresini

6 - Ben Spies - Yamaha Factory Racing Team

7 - Valentino Rossi - Ducati Marlboro Team

8 - Colin Edwards - Monster Yamaha Tech 3

9 - Nicky Hayden - Ducati Marlboro Team

10 - Hiroshi Aoyama - San Carlo Honda Gresini

11 - Cal Crutchlow - Monster Yamaha Tech 3

Good on Cal maybe in the top ten next time out.:)

I really hope so.

I don't expect to see him along side Casey though.

What a frustrating and sad development for Dani, a bit like Rossi I guess.

This has somewhat thrown the chase open to challenge for third and second. I can't really see Casey failing this year, but as we say about football, " its a funny old game".

Hi

Well it seemed like Casey bided his time then had that little bit on them that he seems to have had from the start of testing. I think that Jorge was foxing a bit through the testing, claiming underdog status along the way. Hence his overboard "celebration" for coming second. A bit of Valentino style psychout if you ask me. Dani claimed that his injury is not fixed yet, it's too early to write him off for the season but if we get a similar result at Jerez then its between the 2 at the front. I hope Casey sticks to this model, ie run with them safely into the race then push ahead, rather than win it or bin it- his previous tactic. Generalising I know. Simoncelli and Dovisioso fighting out top Italian until or if the Doctor comes good. I think Simoncelli will come out on top of that one, wild man is a good description. Bens Pies will be there too, and I predict he'll be higher than his 6th. All these predictions have been made before.

I reckon you Brits should pump for watching the Superbikes at Donnington this weekend, you've got better hopes there, than sticking with Cal, famous last words maybe, but 11th out of 13 is very disappointing, excused by the finger somewhat. Although James Toseland is not one of your hopes, he's out with a broken wrist. Stick with Leon or Johnny.

I believe John Hopkins is riding Bautista's Suzuki at Jerez, whats he been doin, sitting round saying "break a leg"

Cheers BT.

Will be watching the Donnington Park WSBK in about an hour from now. I would like to be there, but then again, I bet its bloody freezing so , no I dont really.

Anyway, sparks will fly and I,m interested to see the new track.

Lorenzo's celebration was as if he had won the race, wasn't it.

Cheers

Yeah ! It's earley days yet, so it will be good to see how things pan out, it's not always easy to see what is happening until they get a few races under there belt and there is always the thought of !! Well it all changes again next year.:rolleyes:

For some reason, a lot more things become apparent when they race in Europe so the fly away to Qatar as the first race could be a bit misleading. Casey is fast out of the box though.

Watched the supers and there was a fair bit of action, I know they're not the pinnacle but the action was more exciting. Melandri hunting down Smrz in race 1 and passing on the penultimate lap, while Checa came from 10th to 3rd. Race 2 Checa pulls away, Melandri finally betters Leon Camier and tries to catch Checa but can't and Biaggi is black flagged. Plus a few crashes, I dont like em but I watch em. Yeah pretty good.

There was a rider that crashed coming onto the start / finish straight in the first race. It looked like the rear wheel had come off but was later confirmed by the two Aussies commentating, that it had actually collapsed!

Not nice.

And didn't it look cold in England.....glad I wasn't there.

There was a rider that crashed coming onto the start / finish straight in the first race. It looked like the rear wheel had come off but was later confirmed by the two Aussies commentating, that it had actually collapsed!

Not nice.

And didn't it look cold in England.....glad I wasn't there.

yes it was Maxime Berger on a privateer Ducati, he hasn't got a point yet in 4 races, so he's only beating Chris Vermeulen who hasn't actually started a race.

I remember when I got my second Ducati a 900 Super Sport in 1980 they had Campagnolo mag wheels which they had to recall due to being prone to collapsing, however about 2 years later when I went to exchange mine they wouldn't because I had crashed the bike, and the wheels had cracks in them and some other excuse which I cant remember now. Anyway I got a factory in Melbourne to make some wheels for me, they were evil black as opposed to the gold.

Fair play mate.

I,ve never ridden a Ducati but I really love the look of the bikes that are avaiable.

Talking of Ducati, it seems that the 100% Italian team is looking quite shaky. The Doctor is missing the Asian factor ( as in his phenominal record ), as we all know, its something in our lives that makes us feel alive !!!

I,m looking forward to seeing Dani do battle against his problem and there will be fireworks today. Cal CL is 8th on the grid also. Expect to see Casey and Jorge dissappear to the horizon of Dani, Dovi, Spies and Randy.....in that order.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Just seen Colin Edwards lose the front and crash in practice.

He did seem dissappointed with himself but he does actually look like a guy that is really enjoying his job.

He was very grateful for the help that the track marshalls gave him to get bike going again, this is great to see.

He turned round and gave a big thumbs up to the track guys..........wish we could see more of this.......nice one Colin.

Please excuse the thread hijack, but this seems the best place to post this question - can someone please recommend the best place to watch the GP in Bangkok (Sukhumvit area) this evening, preferably some where they will have comentary? I was thinking about The Sportsman or Bully's but maybe someone knows somewhere better?

Thanks,

Dis.

Hey mate, an excuse is not required to post on a forum. I just wish I was in Bangkok too, I,m living in Singapore so I can't answer your question.

I,m going to start to post music in here from now on, so not sure if anyone is up for it but here is a song from RUSH. Watch Mr T go!!!

Edited by soihok