Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

i was wondering about Milyai 46 too, where he was and whether the 46 was a Rossi thing or a date of birth age thing.

Rossi crashing in practice along with quite a few others, Stoner running off the track after it was over, it was a great watch hope the race is too. I think you're right Soihok, Stoner and Lorenzo have got it between them. Stoner gave the thumbs up to the marshalls too and he looks to me like he's enjoying life more now. I think Edwards must be laughing all the way to the bank still getting a half decent ride without performing, but we've had this debate. He is a gentlemen though.

I cant get over Anthony West, I keep looking for his name up the list in Moto2, on Friday he was 11th now he's 30th, I think he should give number 13 away. He was a protege of Bernie Hatton whose father Tony was a well known racer. Bernie ran (probably still does) track days around Brisbane and in the year that West had off from GP he used to show up and riding a stock 600 blow off all comers. I was of course lapped but as it was a very long lap, it didn't happen as quickly as when Mick Doohan lapped me at Lakeside 20 years before on his Yamaha LC 250. Not in a race mind. I'm sure not good or brave enough for that.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate.

You were actually on track at the same time as Micky D ? !!!

I have a Doohan Arai lid.

Fair play to begin with. I just missed the Moto2 race due to family commitments but I,m chomping at the bit for the Motogp race.

The closet I have ever come to any GP star was shaking Kevin Swantz's hand after he won the 88 UK GP and Ron Haslam shaking his head as I exited the pit lane of Mallory park ( UK )on my old GS1000 in an Earlystocks race in 89, only to fall off...........again and lose my bottle.

Ride on guys

Edited by soihok

Yamaha RD250/350LC.

I used to have wet dreams about them but I was out of pocket until at the time. I did buy an new GSXR750J and toured Europe twice on it. Then I left England ( and have never looked back since. One hundred pounds a month to 80,000 a year....god awful place ).

So, never had the money for an LC, spent my youth on a Suzuki X7. Raced it and crashed. Holed pistons were my speciality.

Lets not forget the UK riders, Bradley 4th moto2 Taylor Mac 4th, Danny Webb 5th 125cc, ok, bad conditions, and a lot of top riders got off there bikes before they stopped, but to me, good results for the UK boys, Isnt that how Schantz won his 1 wc, with the demise of Rainey?

The Rossi-Moaner incident is on youtube already, you have to agree, it was a fair undertaking manuvere, and when Rossi spun up the rear to clean it, Moaner ran into the back of him bringing them both down, the marshalls saw this and thats why Rossi got help first, which was right, cos Moaners bike wouldnt start..

Simplechelli, why did he not just regulate his race? yes, it was a difficult race for all, even the Gentleman Edwards and spies jumped off, For me, whoever finished that race is a true proffesnial,,,,,

15 years of Marhalling in the UK Soihok, i must have picked you up somewhere?

You can call Colin Edwards canon fodder if you like but Randy DePuniet has been getting money for nothing (also ran) for years. I guess they keep him around to give the series an International flavor (froggie prick). He's dangerous as a back marker.

15 years of Marhalling in the UK Soihok, i must have picked you up somewhere?

I raced at Cadwell, Mallory, Snetterton from 88 to 90. Club raced with EMRA, New Era and one I can't remember ( at Cadwell ). I did three years in Earlystocks on an X7. When I had enough of changing holed pistons every meeting I decided to try and do myself in and got a GS1000. I came close at Cadwell having a highside that put me in Louth hospital.

I was back on the bike once the bones had healed but lost the front around Gerrads at Mallory, ended up in the tyres.

That was it really, employer made it clear that no more off time would be tolerated so I packed it in.

Funny old game.

Hi Soihok and Bluetongue......I've not written in the forum for a long time as I've had a tough few months. Now that everything is solved and that MotoGP has started I will for sure keep sharing my opinion with you guys.

Well.....I'm not 46 and I was not born is 1946 so.....yes the number 46 is for Rossi.

Let's talk about yesterday's race.....first thing goes to Rossi. What was he thinking there? Although Stoner should have not say it on that way/moment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEk2r9sPE6E), it was really too ambitious for Rossi to try that move in such wet conditions. Rossi was clearly going to win the race and he wasted a good 25 points!

It was bad to see so many riders crashing while they were on the top three places (especially for Edwards)....but looking at the tires of Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Hayden I wonder how did they were able to finish the race keeping a high pace.

Cheers and look forward to a Rossi - Stoner fight in Estoril!!!

What do you guys think about this trend that Rossi seemed to start a few seasons ago of taking the foot off the peg and hooking the leg out as they take the corner? To me it looks so daft and amateurish. Reminds me of what i used to do on my bicycle as a kid. Of course if the technique works you can't argue with it. But it does look silly. Wish they didn't do it.

What do you guys think about this trend that Rossi seemed to start a few seasons ago of taking the foot off the peg and hooking the leg out as they take the corner? To me it looks so daft and amateurish. Reminds me of what i used to do on my bicycle as a kid. Of course if the technique works you can't argue with it. But it does look silly. Wish they didn't do it.

Yes, it looks daft and also ugly.....there is nothing nicer that seeing a rider taking a clean corner with a proper bike/body position.

Rossi has always said that he doesn't really know why he does is as it just feels natural to do it.....Rossi has also confirmed that the corners where he does his signature leg wave with the same corner when he leaves his foot on the peg, there is no difference at all. The data shows exactly the same braking time and force with no difference but I guess that there must be some improvement as now most of the riders are doing it.

Cheers

Yes, it looks daft and also ugly.....there is nothing nicer that seeing a rider taking a clean corner with a proper bike/body position.

Rossi has always said that he doesn't really know why he does is as it just feels natural to do it.....Rossi has also confirmed that the corners where he does his signature leg wave with the same corner when he leaves his foot on the peg, there is no difference at all. The data shows exactly the same braking time and force with no difference but I guess that there must be some improvement as now most of the riders are doing it.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. Interesting.

Am i not right in saying that Rossi only started doing this a few seasons ago though? I don't recall him doing it earlier in his career.

Either way, it seems to be catching.

I've got a feeling Troy Bayliss started it back in SBK. The riders didn't do it on the 500 2 strokes. I guess its like a golfer changing to the long handled putter, you get a few down and it becomes habitual. But is there a scientific explanation, not sure. Its not like an outrigger canoe or a sail is it. Its kind of moving weight further out isn't it. I may sound stupid just like to think out of the box. Nearly all the front guys are doing it Lorenzo a bit less perhaps?

Getting back to the races, haven't seen the 125s yet but Terol must be looking the goods now.

The Moto2 is going to be closer and good to see the likeable carrot top Bradley going well, he's grown a lot to my surprise, must be able to afford steak and chips now. Iannone on his day, fun to watch. Luthi runs like a Swatch and Wetty was going OK until late in the race.

But Miiyai I'm not so sure Rossi was going to win the race but we will never know. I was disappointed that he tried such an adventurous pass so early in the race/season, in the wet on a bike with a dubious front end (which he confirmed with his crash the day before). I will agree with you that Simoncelli was just about always going to crash and had Rossi been second he would have inherited the lead, but I still think Lorenzo and at times Pedrosa had the pace and the cool heads required. Stoner was sitting quietly and he too may have had the pace. Having seen a good shot of the tyres at the end I supsect if Rossi had maintained his early pace he wouldn't have had anything left to fight with.

I just hope that at the end of the season the margin between Lorenzo and Stoner isn't less than 25 points. Even though its still early I cant see anyone else winning it this year, yes things could change but as they stand at the moment thats about it

This leg out thingy, ive always read that as to admit the rider has gone a little wide of the apex and blocking the way for any undertakers from coming through, I would guess and say that if a rider did try to come through and hit your leg, then that would be judged as contact and dangerous to those involved, or on the other hand, Rossi on the warm up lap is always ajusting his nuts, so perhaps its another way he has of cooling them down?

This leg out thingy, ive always read that as to admit the rider has gone a little wide of the apex and blocking the way for any undertakers from coming through, I would guess and say that if a rider did try to come through and hit your leg, then that would be judged as contact and dangerous to those involved, or on the other hand, Rossi on the warm up lap is always ajusting his nuts, so perhaps its another way he has of cooling them down?

30152253-01.jpg.30151441-01.jpg

maybe I'm the only one who follows Chonburi's Ratthapark Wilairot and his progress in Moto2?

He had a serious accident as a pillion when in Thailand late last year, then crashed out of the opening race in Qatar; on Sunday at Jerez finished 12th - so in the points - just.

From memory his best result in 2010 was a 7th, but more often mid-field among the 40 or so bikes, and was 22nd overall.

Casey's not happy! no apology will be good enough . . .

MotoGP marshals favoured Rossi, says angry Stoner

MADRID | Mon Apr 4, 2011

(Reuters) - Angry Australian Casey Stoner accused MotoGP marshals of regularly favouring Valentino Rossi after he and the Italian great collided at a wet Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday.

Rossi's Ducati slid into Stoner's Honda at the Jerez circuit while fighting for second place with 20 laps remaining in a race full of incident that was eventually won by Spain's world champion Jorge Lorenzo.

While marshals helped the Italian remount and return to the action, finishing fifth, Stoner was forced to retire and lost the overall MotoGP lead when he could not get the Honda push-started.

"I think if we'd got over the hill with more people pushing, there's a good chance we could've started the bike," the autosport.com website quoted Stoner as saying.

"When I looked back I had like one guy pushing me, all the rest were walking back to their posts... What am I supposed to do with that?

"This is something that riders who are against Valentino have had to learn to deal with. It's completely unfair, but it's something that's happened to me in the past when I've crashed," added the 2007 world champion.

"I've had people pushing my bike off the track - even when it's perfect and I can still race. I've had to fight with marshals to get them to try and get me started again.

"This was a racing incident, just him losing the talent in this corner. It's disappointing for me, but for me the worst was the marshals not helping me and to completely forget me like I'm nothing, and then trying to push me off the bike basically," said the 25-year-old.

Stoner, who has started both races this season on pole position and won the opener in Qatar, said the issue needed to be addressed even if he saw no point in going to the authorities himself.

"I'd like to see something done about it, not just for me but for other riders," he declared.

"I just think it's completely unfair. There's not enough consistency in the marshalling all around the world. There's got to be consistency with everyone, not hampering someone's race just because of popularity."

"I don't go to the safety commission anymore," he added. "It's like knocking your head against a wall. Nothing happens.

"You put a lot of effort in for nothing in that safety commission. There are just certain people they listen to, certain people who complain about small things."

Rossi did go to see the Australian after the race to apologise, although even that did not placate the Honda rider who felt the nine times world champion had made too much of a public show of it.

"I would prefer it if Valentino did it away from the cameras and would say something to me quietly without always having to have proof," he told the official motogp.com website.

"Valentino doesn't do this for himself, he just wants to show to everybody that he has apologised."

Edited by genghis61

In fact he was the Rolling Moaner thanks to the Doctor and track guys.

He won't be down for long though. I do believe Casey may be champ this year.

Its far too early to start with this sort of speculation so lets sit back and enjoy the racing. In a month from now :(

Casey and the marshals part 2

The MotoGP has just announced that it will be organizing a hearing with the Clerk of the Course and the Chief Marshal to review the crash between Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner that occurred during the race at Jerez.

Here is the statement from the MotoGP:

"Following the collision between Rossi and Stoner during the MotoGP race of the Spanish Grand Prix on 3 April in Jerez, the Race Direction has decided to organise a hearing with the Clerk of the Course and the Chief Marshal in order to review the incident and to hear the explanation of the officials in charge.

Due to the fact that the final decision of the Race Direction will not affect the result of the race, the hearing will be organised on Thursday 28 April in Estoril, Portugal."

It looks like the MotoGP is concerned, not with Valentino Rossi's braking move during the race which caused the collision, but with the action of race officials after the crash occurred.

Casey Stoner said after the crash that he was upset with crew officials because they all went to help Rossi and not him.

"It was a racing incident and there's not much we can do," Stoner said. "What is more frustrating is the reaction of the stewards and their assistance for Valentino and not for me - it was unbelievable."

027006-stoner-applauds-rossi-in-jerez.jpg

"see you at my place for a beer afterwards"

Firstly, i saw the whole race tonight, and yes, Rossi got the marhalls to help him, pushed him off ect, and did you see what happened, Mr Moaner sat on his bike waving at the marshalls to help him! oh please Moaner, if you want to rejoin the race, look as though you want too, not sit there like a lemon, get off your bike and start to push, then you will get some help, looked like he was waiting for a hotdog at a drive-thru,,,,

Secondly, after many years of marshalling, it was never wise to re-start bikes at the same time, specially if one thought the other was to blame for the crash,, whoever was the cause, the lead bike would be first,, 30 secs later the next bike would get a push, Starting both bikes at the same time with riders full of adrenalin and agression will only cause more probs round the track..

Thirdly, They didnt push my bike far enough to get it re-started!!, now i wonder why that was? would it be it was a MOTO GP and the conditions were slippery to say the least? did the marshalls want to push him forever and have an underlying fear that any minute another bike would slice into them?

30152253-01.jpg.30151441-01.jpg

maybe I'm the only one who follows Chonburi's Ratthapark Wilairot and his progress in Moto2?

He had a serious accident as a pillion when in Thailand late last year, then crashed out of the opening race in Qatar; on Sunday at Jerez finished 12th - so in the points - just.

From memory his best result in 2010 was a 7th, but more often mid-field among the 40 or so bikes, and was 22nd overall.

Yep would also like to see him do well,

at least when he crashed on the track he had his helmet on ....not like in thailand...