How Many Foreigners "own" Land In Thailand?

I've been wondering how many foreigners own land here through the Company or Lease route, or perhaps it's better to say "bought" rather than "own". I'm talking the Company or Lease method (rather than buying it in the spouse's name).

Considering that most of the moobans surrounding Pattaya seem to be owned by foreigners, and all the activity elsewhere in Thailand, my wild guess is about 2,000 (including not just Westerners but also people from Hong Kong, China and Singapore, etc.). Anyone else care to make a guess?

Essentially no foreigners own land in Thailand, they merely lease it or control Thai companies that own land. I would estimate in Pattaya its somewhere around 5,000+ that have control of land in this way.

I've been wondering how many foreigners own land here through the Company or Lease route, or perhaps it's better to say "bought" rather than "own". I'm talking the Company or Lease method (rather than buying it in the spouse's name).

Considering that most of the moobans surrounding Pattaya seem to be owned by foreigners, and all the activity elsewhere in Thailand, my wild guess is about 2,000 (including not just Westerners but also people from Hong Kong, China and Singapore, etc.). Anyone else care to make a guess?

My guess would be around 250,000 farangs "control" land or property using company or lease in thialand???? this would include the commercial sector

If we think about Samui, Phangan, Phuket, other small islands, Krabi, Hua Hin, Cha -am, Bangkok, Pattaya, Jomtein, Rayong, Korat, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai. people dotted all over the place. I think 250,000 sounds high but is probably realistic.

Perhaps Sunbelt can chip in with a figure???