Packing String Mafia!

BillR

Thought Id share this laughable experience today. I ship packages almost every day and sometimes I use the pay at post out of convenience and don't mind paying their service fee. Usually I send one of my staff, but today I decided to go as I had to stop off at the atm first.

So im there, they are weighing the packages and one of the girls starts wrapping the 2 boxes with string, Im sure you can see where this is going, I thought that was nice of them, the boxes didn't need it but you never can be too sure.

I get the receipt, in thai so I didn't understand, and I wondered what the extra 60 baht item was for, no big deal I can check when I get back to my work.

They charged me 60 baht for 2 pieces of stringlaugh.gif

They are profiting at least 2000B a week from me, just the postage commissions. They will probably wonder what happened when we never come backwhistling.gif

I used one in Nai Harn to pay for my CAT internet, then around 1 months later i got a new bill from CAT, went to Patong CAT office and showed then i have paid, they then called to the Nai Harn and asked the girl where the money was, she called back 1 hour later and told that her Lady boss have paid the bill, then i went back to Nai Harn and asked the girl to show me the receipt, she called the owner and she faxed the receipt so i could see it, turned out she just paid it 1 hour ago, that was the 2nd time they tried to cheat me, never been there since

BTW CAT told me it happen all the time.

Forgot to say that 1 months later CAT called me to say i could pick up the money as i had paid 2 times now, i Paid the bill when i went to CAT the first time.

Edited by HDRIDER

On a par with the charge of 50bht added to my last bill at The Bangkok Phuket Hospital

for the lint to cover the needle hole after I'd given blood.

So it happens everywhere

The OP got 2 pieces of string, you only one, so you overpaid :angry:

I just wonder how people can be so dense. Anyways, all the pay at post places in Rawai are screwed, An official thai post office is opening in the next month in rawai, no commissions and no BS.

edit: I think the new post office in Rawai will have PO boxes

Edited by BillR

Funny timing.. I had to post an EMS to bangkok this week, had a box, all tape wrapped, solid and tight.. They refused to post it without wrapping it in some useless string..

I didnt notice being charged on it or not.. EMS is cheap so I never checked but they were adamant, it could not be posted unless there was a flimsy bit of twine round the tightly taped and fully wrapped box.

I just wonder how people can be so dense. Anyways, all the pay at post places in Rawai are screwed, An official thai post office is opening in the next month in rawai, no commissions and no BS.

edit: I think the new post office in Rawai will have PO boxes

Where in Rawai is the new Thai Post office going to be? That will be great. I always went to the one in Chalong. It's all new now with a parking area in front.

On a par with the charge of 50bht added to my last bill at The Bangkok Phuket Hospital

for the lint to cover the needle hole after I'd given blood.

So it happens everywhere

The OP got 2 pieces of string, you only one, so you overpaid :angry:

I know!

So the next time I took a piece of toilet tissue and put that on

No answer to that!

Pay at posts are everywhere, they can be called different things. You can pay your bills there and ship stuff, the shop gets a commission, for example 1 10lb box I shipped there was 227 in ems postage, + 82 baht commission.

The new, no commission post office will be located at the Bzenter Mall, same place where davinci is and the #1 super best gym in Phuket! Thet are building out the unit now.