Red Mango Opens Thursday

redmango

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The biggest freebie night is the TV Christmas party, are most of them free loaders?

I've always bought beer at those events. Go figure as the Yankee Doodles say, although could be something to do with the choice of free tipple. :rolleyes:

Had a wander down by the Old Ts a couple of weeks ago and of course it was shut and rather forlorn looking so very Best wishes and good luck on new venture...Hope you do Heinees .

Incid had to make my way back and suffer the "spottis" for the next 2 hours ...but cant really complain...too much.. :unsure::D

The Red Mango decor is a nice relaxing lounge style, it looks really good, they have setup 6 rooms for accom, which are pretty much full all the time already, the new owners seem to be doing quite well and their plans for the place sound good, I would say it is well worth the visit. Beer Leo at 45 baht for a small and other drinks priced in a similar bracket make it good value too.

The Red Mango decor is a nice relaxing lounge style, it looks really good, they have setup 6 rooms for accom, which are pretty much full all the time already, the new owners seem to be doing quite well and their plans for the place sound good, I would say it is well worth the visit. Beer Leo at 45 baht for a small and other drinks priced in a similar bracket make it good value too.

Beer Leo or is it a mispelling?

Is the pool table still there? Still free? Still in terrible condition?

cheers

What exactly is your interest in a free, terrible pool table?

No pool that I could see. Good atmosphere. Tiger (yie) 80 baht, draught arriving soon (or so I'm told) and menu looks good value although haven't tried it yet.

My Thai wife and I went there yesterday for lunch. She's a skilled cook and we were both impressed with the tastes of my Penang,and her coconut curry. It was only 50 baht, with rice included. One of the owners, Tony, said Hi and said they may be raising the price a little as they were just starting and hadn't quite settled in yet. I would certainly think it was worth more than 50 baht. So far, they are just selling Thai food but many selections are available, and he said the western food in coming in soon.

• 2 months later...

Had the best Sunday roast dinner iv'e ever had in Chiang Mai in the Red Mango today.

Roast Beef

Roast potatoes

Mixed Veg

Stuffing

Yorkshire Pudding

Cauliflower cheese

All for the measley price of 200 baht

The only downside was that i didn't have enough room for the bread and butter pudding :realangry:

Had the best Sunday roast dinner iv'e ever had in Chiang Mai in the Red Mango today.

Roast Beef

Roast potatoes

Mixed Veg

Stuffing

Yorkshire Pudding

Cauliflower cheese

All for the measley price of 200 baht

The only downside was that i didn't have enough room for the bread and butter pudding :realangry:

That's a good recommendation, from someone who knows a thing or two about good roast dinners smile.gif

ok

Will the format be similar to Tuskers or will there be more staff to chat & mingle with the customers? :annoyed:

It is not Tuskers anymore! it is a new moniker,new business why don't you go down and make your own assumption :rolleyes:

ok

Will the format be similar to Tuskers or will there be more staff to chat & mingle with the customers? :annoyed:

It is not Tuskers anymore! it is a new moniker,new business why don't you go down and make your own assumption :rolleyes:

What assumption? I'm asking a question. If it makes you feel better, I could rephrase as "Will the format be similar to places like Mad Dog, the Olde Belle, Irish Pub and so on, or will there me more staff to chat & mingle with the customers? (Like Number 1 for example) "

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

ok

What assumption? I'm asking a question. If it makes you feel better, I could rephrase as "Will the format be similar to places like Mad Dog, the Olde Belle, Irish Pub and so on, or will there me more staff to chat & mingle with the customers? (Like Number 1 for example) "

I don't think you'll be entertained by Bar Girls. They've managed to create a cosy area where the pool table was and done up the outside too. When I was there on Saturday night it was crowded with a birthday party and there was a good atmosphere with, I'm told, most of the guest rooms filled. I was told about the Sunday Roast but it's nice to have confirmation that it lives up to the billing (and I love B&B Pudding).

• 3 weeks later...

Had the Sunday Roast lunch today in the Red Mango. Delicious! Roast beef, roast potatoes, lots of veggies, gravy and a lovely horseraddish sauce. And for 200bht, super value! Couldn't manage the Bread and Butter pudding but will be back to tackle that next time.

Please note that I have nothing to do with Red Mango. Merely posting information that some people might be interested in.

MF

Tiger (yie) 80 baht, draught arriving soon (or so I'm told) and menu looks good value although haven't tried it yet.

Is that 80 for a big Tiger? Decent value if it is, and not far off what the smalls were.

Have they got a site/info on the accommodation etc?

Tiger (yie) 80 baht, draught arriving soon (or so I'm told) and menu looks good value although haven't tried it yet.

Is that 80 for a big Tiger? Decent value if it is, and not far off what the smalls were.

Have they got a site/info on the accommodation etc?

Don't see Tiger Draught in a bottle in Thailand.

3069.jpg

Tried the Red Mango chicken Sunday lunch today.

For 200 baht it is excellent value, lots of chunky chicken (not cigarette paper slices) with loads of roast spuds, vegetables, pudding and extras, all cooked really nice. I had two cans of lemon & lime and everything came to 250 Baht, which means they are only charging 25 Baht for the cans of drink!

Overall, a great value Sunday lunch.....I'll be back! thumbsup.gif

uptheos.

re ... Tried the Red Mango chicken Sunday lunch today.

thats funny coz so did i .... i started chomping my way through this one at 1 46 according to the time of the picture

it was good

the bill for this and a coke was 225 baht : )

dave2

ps ... i would like to know what a roast dinner looking like this would cost in an average pub in england today ... anyone know ?

post-42592-0-79187500-1298203973_thumb.j