Visa Problem

Hello there...

I would like to know the details for NON B visa. I am an Indian and studying in Thailand. I Just completed my studies recently . My education VISA gonna expire on 21 st January 2011. Meantime I have found a job here. And the school hired me is asking me to have NON B Visa, because with education visas I am not supposed to work. For non B visa for Indians we cant go to any neighboring countries as India is not a member of ASEAN countries. My freind is a frequent flier to Bangkok. Is that possible to send my passport and other documents to India to get NON B visa from there ? as I am not in a position to travel for a few weeks. Will there be any problem for getting a NON B ? Will this VISA be valid in Thailand ? please help me

regards

rohit

Applying for a Visa while you are still in Thailand would be illegal and you would be in big trouble.

I would have thought that you could apply for a Non Imm B Visa in a neighbouring country with the correct paperwork from the company. You would also need a Work Permit.

Will wait for others to reply.

Applying for a Visa while you are still in Thailand would be illegal and you would be in big trouble.

I would have thought that you could apply for a Non Imm B Visa in a neighbouring country with the correct paperwork from the company.

Will wait for others to reply.

But I still have an educational visa which expires January 2011.

1. You can not have two valid visas in one passport.

2. You can not obtain a visa from outside Thailand while your passport shows you inside Thailand and if you did it would not be valid or accepted.

3. Believe you will have no other option than a return to India to apply for a non immigrant B visa with full paperwork for employment.

2. You can not obtain a visa from outside Thailand while your passport shows you inside Thailand and if you did it would not be valid or accepted.

3. Believe you will have no other option than a return to India to apply for a non immigrant B visa with full paperwork for employment.

Just received my new visa from India and my friend gonna carry it for me. still will it be illegal ? please help me ?

Apply for the work permit at labour and get a WP3 form, you will not get a work permit but with the WP3 form a Thai consulate will see that you will get a work permit once you have a non-B.

Next apply for a non-B visa abroad with the WP3 form and paperwork from your employer.

Apply for the work permit at labour and get a WP3 form, you will not get a work permit but with the WP3 form a Thai consulate will see that you will get a work permit once you have a non-B.

Next apply for a non-B visa abroad with the WP3 form and paperwork from your employer.

which means do I have to exit the country ? can I send all documents to India do I need to go out of the country ?

Yes, you definitely have to leave the country. There is no way around it.

I don't see why you can't go to a Thai Embassy in a neighboring country like everyone else, though. It makes no difference that your home country is not a member of ASEAN. Thai embassies will accept visa applications from all nationalities.

I don't see why you can't go to a Thai Embassy in a neighboring country like everyone else, though. It makes no difference that your home country is not a member of ASEAN. Thai embassies will accept visa applications from all nationalities.

Not sure why, but most embassies in countries surrounding Thailand bar nationals from certain countries from applying for visas unless then are resident in that country or have extra procedures to follow.

The list varies slightly from country to country; Singapore specifies, for example:

For applicants from Afghanistan, Algeria, China, Egypt, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria and Yemen who do not have long term passes and are therefore not currently residents of Singapore cannot apply for any types of visa at this Embassy.

Just received my new visa from India and my friend gonna carry it for me. still will it be illegal ? please help me ?

You are in trouble and your mistake will be spotted when you go for 90 days reporting because 90 days reporting starts from your arrival date in the kingdom.

It is also embassies mistake to grant you visa without checking your passport and most of the embassies will reject the application if departure stamp not found on passport.

I guess you have to cancel the visa you received from India and you need to travel outside thailand before your education visa expires, otherwise you will be overstayed even though your new visa is on your passport illegally.

PM me.

I suspect his education visa expired long ago and he is now on a one year extension of stay from Immigration, which is not an embassy stamp. He did not exit Thailand and I hope that he did not allow someone else to exit and return using it so there will not be any exit or entry stamp in it. What will likely be noticed is any attempt to use this new visa as it will be obvious you were in Thailand when it was issued in India and it will not be accepted in that case.