90 Day Notification If Retired There

Just a clarification please on the 90 day reporting requirement. I looked at the Thai Immigration Bureau website, http://www.immigration.go.th/.

They list the following options for the 90 day reporting. While I like the idea of mailing in notification, it sure seems like that adds up to a lot of paperwork as you attach everything. If a person goes in person, is it easier? Just bring in the TM 7 form? Thanks

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days->print this

Procedure and notification

The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days

I go in person to my office in Nonthaburi, I take a copy of my passport and a copy of my yellow book. (Passport pages - photo, Visa and last extension stamp).

The officer always gives them back to me without looking at them, but that is my office and not others in Thailand, also it is a small office and I think they must know me by now.

Phuket, TM47 and copy passport for the first 90D reporting or first 90D reporting in new year.

Other following reportings no copys or TM47 required as they stamp the backside of the previous TM47.

Reporting can be done in person or anybody else without any authorisation.