Matt Black Cars

mca

Just recently I've started noticing a small number of cars finished in a real "dead" black finish sort of like something out of Mad Max. I'm not talking about old nails. I mean proper paint jobs on some decent stuff like a Porsche Cayman, Nizzan 350 and Toyota Landcruiser.

Anybody else spotted any? I take it they're not optional factory paint jobs.

Its called car wrapping, there is a thread in the motoring forum on it, most wish they hadn't had it done. The place in the other thread that is recommended was called, B35,000 for a V70, they will not do re-painted cars only new and guarantee it for 2 yrs. It does look cool though...... I'd be tempted to take out a spray gun instead, but thats just me.

Oz

I have seen many around Bangkok, higher end cars, like Audi R8, Porsche Nissan 300Z. Yesterday I saw a flat black Lotus Elise on Thonglor. I painted my Phantom flat black earlier this year, looks great, no fingerprinting problem, but it does attract dust.

I've seen plenty of them in Bangkok too, also primarily on Thonglor.

It makes a cool car stand out from the crowd of other cool cars, however I believe it is the car itself that makes 'cool look cool' and the paint job after a few mins starts to detract from the motor itself. Just my opinion...

On anything other than a top end car it would look very erm.... what's the word ?... desparate, cheap, chavy, crass - sort of like putting a big exhaust and body kit on a Toyota Altis !

I've seen plenty of them in Bangkok too, also primarily on Thonglor.

It makes a cool car stand out from the crowd of other cool cars, however I believe it is the car itself that makes 'cool look cool' and the paint job after a few mins starts to detract from the motor itself. Just my opinion...

On anything other than a top end car it would look very erm.... what's the word ?... desparate, cheap, chavy, crass - sort of like putting a big exhaust and body kit on a Toyota Altis !

desperate is the perfect word to use in such a scenario.

Yes, saw an almost new Toyota Camry yesterday, matt black, bloody awful,..:blink:

I can beat that. Saw a matt black Nissan Teana the other day. laugh.gif

That's just wrong. Teana drivers are meant to be the "intelligent" buyers who understand a clearly superior car when they drive it, with enough insight to see beyond the "T" or "H" badge on the front. To stoop so low is just not right :o

;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I saw an Audi TT in Central PinKlao. He probably got it done at www.car-wrap-it.com

The film is PVC, I see no reason to do it. Doesn't do the car justice. Unless he wanted to keep the paint in good condition. I would have preferred to have a clear film installed better than matt to protect the paint. Whatever happened to the shiney new car meaning? Now its a matt new car?