Boat Mooring

patjah

Thanks for the information. Ao Yon looks like a good possibillity.

I have been trying to locate a decent boat ramp anyone have experience launching a boat by ramp or crane in Phuket.

Alot of things can go wrong and I am rather attached to my boat.

Ao Yon 500 baht a month and theres semi security as theres a night watchman for the pearl farms..

Wlhat? Pay to whom? OK, maybe to somebody who has put in a mooring, and you're going to rent from them, but long term you put your own mooring in, cost nothing/month. A substantial, expertly installed mooring is going to cost circa 13,000 baht.

That said, Ao Yon is a great place to keep a boat, with only a couple of occasions a year when the weather could cause a problem.

All I know is most of the Ao Yon boats seemed to rent them from the Thai family that seems to own a large proportion of the bay land and the pearl farm..

The 500 baht ensures goodwill and security too.. sometimes saving money costs overall.

OK, I keep my own boat on a mooring at Ao Yon, and don't know of anyone who pays 'rent'. There is a family who own most of the peripheral land to Ao Yon, and if you want to store a dinghy next to the beach, then there's an element of 'courtesy' to be had. My strongest recommendation for keeping a boat there, is have a new mooring installed, one that is going to be fit for purpose, as it's not unusual to have boats breaking free or dragging their moorings. Other than that, security is very good there, as there isn't the casual 'traffic' in the area that you get in some of the other popular anchoring/mooring spots, such as Rawai and Chalong Bay.