Contract Privileges For Retirement Visa Holders

If you have a visa you have an address and a bank account - so you can get phone service and Internet etc etc. even set up auto pay for the accounts.

I do that with the power co. etc I use a special savings account for those type payments and only maintain a bal. to cover bills. Don't use your main accounts with all your funds in it. Just transfer funds to it each month via an ATM takes 5 minutes.

You have to watch out for cell phone co. because they can make large mistakes and will wipe your account clean. I never put them on auto pay. AIS once tried to charge me 12,000 Baht in one month. Stay with things like power water UBS anything with a fixed price like a Internet ADSL Sat. nothing that can change much.

If you take off for a few months it is no problem to pay the basic bills - if you can find an ATM your set.

I guess that is what you mean by contract and yes you can get UBS or internet and phone service etc. Even gets easier if you get your drivers license most will take it just like an ID card and never even ask for or care about anything else - your address is on the license.