A New Type Of Land "Title"?

It maybe not exactly a title, but as a chanoot or nor sor sam has certain letters on top of the little concrete corner posts, this one has the letters กบ or gor bor.

I am told it is government owned land. I am told one can "buy" it, and that it will be registered in one's name (that would presumably be a Thai person, but hey who knows?). I am told one can sell it or subdivide it and it will be registered in the new "owner's" name.

I have never come across this one before. Have I been told correctly? And does one become an owner or a sort of permanent lessor?

Thanks for any info at all

Registered where?

On the back of a fag packet by the local puu yai baan?

You assume correctly, only a Thai can own land in Thailand. As far as the Government part, which part of the word Government don't you understand.

Thankyou for the smart replies.

I am under no illusions. I consider it unlikely that this "registration" will satisfy all my ardent property desires. However I've been here long enough to realise that sometimes a modest country retreat might be bought with less security and still work.

I would still be interested in some actual information if anyone knows the specifics of the gor bor in question so I can check if it might, just might, be a possibility.

thankyou v much

Edited by sleepyjohn

Registered where?

On the back of a fag packet by the local puu yai baan?

I didn't answer your question.

The fact is it that given that the "luk" has a denomination and a registration number suggests that the land is indeed registered somewhere more serious than on the pooyaybahn's empty bumsquirter box......which, apart from the stunning views and proximity to a small estate my girlfriend's uncle's family owns and has built several houses on happily over many years despite it's mere chanoot chumchom, is what raises my interest.